Reproductive Health Country Profiles
July 3, 2013
The World Bank’s Reproductive Health Action Plan focuses on 57 countries with high maternal mortality and/or high fertility and moderate to high levels of sexually transmitted infections. Implementation activities include Analytical and Advisory Activities (AAAs) to facilitate policy dialogue; development of capacity and expertise in reproductive health within the Bank; and, improving portfolio monitoring. As part of the AAA to facilitate policy dialogue, reproductive health profiles were developed for all priority countries. The profiles provide information on the country’s reproductive health status, constraints, and key actions to accelerate progress towards Millennium Development Goal (MDG) 5.
The profiles will inform project documents and policy dialogue with governments and provide evidence and data for incorporation into Country Assistance Strategies (CAS). A CAS is a key instrument that guides the Bank’s activities in each country and identifies the key areas in which Bank support can best help the country in achieving its sustainable development and poverty reduction goals.
The profiles will be updated periodically as new data become available.
The country profiles were developed by the World Bank and Management Science for Health. The Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency and the World Bank-Netherlands Partnership Program are gratefully acknowledged.
Africa East Asia & the Pacific
Chad Latin America & the Caribbean
Ethiopia Middle East & North Africa
Lesotho South Asia
- Development Partners Support the Creation of Global Financing Facility to Advance Women’s and Children’s Health
- 73 Countries and Over 1,000 Businesses Speak Out in Support of a Price on Carbon
- World Bank Group to Nearly Double Funding in Ebola Crisis to $400 Million
- International Food Prices Hit Four-Year Low
- Speech by World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim at Howard University: “Boosting Shared Prosperity”