The Speakers Bureau serves as a platform to connect external audience with the World Bank Group. It aims to educate and engage the public, including students and professors, youth organizations, and others, about the World Bank Group’s mission and how it is partnering with countries to end extreme poverty and promote shared prosperity. It works to share knowledge, data, and operational expertise to raise awareness around key development topics.
The Speakers Bureau offers two types of briefings upon request:
1. Overview of the World Bank Group – its mission, organization, history, operations, projects, knowledge, partnership, and priorities
2. Issues focused briefings to discuss specific key development topics, including
- Climate and sustainability (e.g., a just transition away from fossil fuels, support for adaptation and mitigation, sustainable agriculture, food security etc.)
- Human capital (e.g., vaccine access, health, nutrition, education, gender etc.)
- Economic inclusion and debt (e.g., equitable economic recovery, growth, poverty, job creation, debt transparency etc.)
- Fragility, conflict and violence
- COVID-19 response
Briefings can be in-person or virtual. They are designed for groups of 20 up to 500 participants, typically 90 minutes long and include a Q&A session.
To request a briefing, please complete the online request form.
If you have any questions or other inquiries about speaking engagements, please contact us at email@example.com.
Last Updated: Oct 17, 2022