World Bank Education Financing and Knowledge Activities
January 13, 2014
- The World Bank is one of the largest external education financiers for developing countries, managing a portfolio of $8.9 billion, with operations in 70 countries as of August 2013.
- The World Bank supports education through an average of $2.6 billion a year in new financing.
The Bank helps countries achieve their education goals through finance and knowledge activities in the forms of analytic work, policy advice, and technical assistance.
Details on FY 2013 Education Financing and Knowledge Activities
- New Projects with Education Components/Activities
- FY 2013 Education Economic and Sector Works
- FY 2013 Education Technical Assistance
- FY 2013 Education Implementation Completion Reports
Historical Education Financing
- Historical Education Financing by IDA and IBRD, FY 1963-2013
- Education Financing by Region, FY 1990-2013, IDA and IBRD
- Education Financing by Subsector, FY 1990-2013, IDA and IBRD
- IDA Grants for Education, FY 2002-2013
World Bank lending is reported by Fiscal Year (FY). The World Bank's Fiscal Year (FY) starts on July 1st and ends on June 30th of each year.