The Office of the Executive Director for Brazil, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Haiti, Panama, Philippines, Suriname and Trinidad & Tobago (EDS15) actively engage in the decision-making process of the WBG Board with our countries’ individual and collective interests,
Under the leadership of our Executive Director Abraham Weintraub, our Alternate Executive Director Elsa Agustin, as well as with the support from our senior advisors, advisors, and hardworking professional staff, EDS15 continuously maintains a constructive dialogue with the country authorities, management, and staff. We work as a team and, although our staffs come from different countries, each and every one of us is at the service of all the member countries of the constituency.
In conformity with our authorities' directives, the chair's priorities are:
- Ensuring that the Bank's decisions, actions, and activities are driven by its clients' demand;
- Mainstreaming South-South cooperation;
- Promoting the use of country systems;
- Encouraging the IFC to embrace new challenges;
- Harmonize staff incentive systems with corporate development goals and objectives;
- Ensuring that Haiti's reconstruction remains a priority on the Bank's agenda; and
- Strengthening the Bank's partnership and collaboration with other development partners.
We are united in pursuing the WBG's urgent mission and along with management and our constituency countries.