*The deadline for submitting applications is extended to May 23, 2023, at 11:59 PM EDT*
The World Bank runs a training program on the main international conventions related to the oceans and the blue economy, in partnership with the Melbourne Law School, the Division for Ocean Affairs and the Law of the Sea of the Office of Legal Affairs of the United Nations, the International Seabed Authority, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, and the Center for Maritime and Oceanic Law at the University of Nantes.
- Self-paced e-learning ***COMING Summer 2023*** This course will be free and available online to all. Initially available in English and French.
- Regional workshops on key international legal frameworks on ocean governance with the objective of strengthening implementation at the national level and combatting growing threats to the marine ecosystem. The regional workshops are open to government officials, staff of partner institutions, and representatives from civil society and the private sector working directly on ocean governance issues.
The workshops are free, and interested stakeholders are invited to submit an application based on calls for application.
**UPCOMING TRAINING for the Indian Ocean Region. The workshop will be run in September 2023 in French and English. Applications close 11.59pm UTC-5 May 23, 2023. For more information and application details, see here in English and here in French. Please watch the recording of the information webinar happened May 3 in English and French to learn more about the course.
- Latin America and the Caribbean workshops are planned for 2024.
- Pacific. The workshop in Spring 2021 brought together nearly 50 participants from 19 countries.
- Africa. The workshop in Fall 2021 brought together approximately 90 participants from 28 different counties. The training was delivered in English and French.
Illustrative feedback from recent training program alumni:
“One of the best trainings I’ve ever attended. The quality of the trainers and materials.
I have never understood the issues as well as I understand them now.”
“When I signed up, I thought this would be a light course. But it was not. This is school!”
To learn more about and apply to these workshops, please check this page for updates or contact email@example.com.