Global Payments Week 2016
The World Bank coordinates a number of regional initiatives in the area of payment and securities settlement systems around the world. The Committee on Payments and Market Infrastructures (CPMI) of the Bank for International Settlements (BIS) has actively supported these initiatives since their inception. These initiatives are: the Western Hemisphere Payments and Securities Settlement Forum (WHF), which has been covering the Latin America and the Caribbean region since 1999; the Arab Payments and Securities Settlement Initiative (API); the Commonwealth of Independent States Payments and Securities Settlement Initiative (CISPI); the South Asian Payments Initiative (SAPI); and the Pacific Payments and Remittances Initiative (PAPRI).
These initiatives also count on support from an International Advisory Council (IAC).
The “Global Payments Week” is a biennial event that complements the activities carried out by the different regional initiatives. This event continues to bring together regional experts and IAC members to assess project progress, discuss the most important issues and trends in the field of payments and securities settlement, and agree upon next steps. Additionally, Global Payments Week provides a unique opportunity to get updates on the latest developments in payments on a global and regional level, network, and exchange experiences with other national and regional authorities.
Activities and topics include:
- Meeting of the Working Group on Payment System Issues of Latin America and the Caribbean.
- International remittances and cross border payment issues.
- Retail payments and payment aspects of financial inclusion.
- Recovery and resolution of financial market infrastructures.
- Latin American and Caribbean national financial authorities.
- Members of the International Advisory Council of the Payments Forum that are responsible for the regulation, operation, oversight and development of payments and market infrastructures.
- Representatives and stakeholders from across the globe interested in the most relevant topics in the Payments and Securities Settlement Systems space.
- Language: English with simultaneous interpretation to Spanish.