HQ staff and retirees: Report the event via myHR Self-Service (available only on World Bank’s intranet), within 60 days of starting your domestic partnership. If you do not have access to myHR Self-Service, complete and submit F200037 Headquarters – Life Event Reporting to HR Operations. The form must be submitted with supporting documentation, following the submission instructions on the form.
CO staff: Report the event to HR Operations within 60 days of starting your domestic partnership, by completing form F02367A Country Office Appointments Household & MBP Enrollment/Change and submitting it with supporting documentation.
CO Retiree: Report the event to HR Operations within 60 days of starting your domestic partnership, by completing form F02368 Retiree Life Event & MBP Enrollment Request and submitting it with supporting documentation.
Your supporting documentation will include:
1. Birth certificate or other government national/family registry of your DP
2. Passport page showing name, nationality, and birth date of your DP
3. Certificate of registration of the DP from your national authorities. This would typically be a certificate of registration of a civil partnership in the UK or a pacte civil de solidarité (PACS) in France. If you do not have this document, submit the documents listed in the next two points (Cohabitation and Joint financial commitment).
4. Cohabitation—Submit at least one document from the list below, showing you and your partner had the same address for at least 12 continuous months prior to your domestic partnership application:
o Joint lease(s) or mortgage(s) with you and your partner;
o Driver’s licenses;
o Voter registration cards;
o Tax filing documents;
o Bills for services, (for example, phone, utility);
o Magazine subscriptions;
o Written, signed statement from your landlord, combined with mail to you and your partner to that address;
o Other evidence from a government authority or an employer which shows proof of address and supports your 12-month cohabitation.
5. Joint financial commitment—Submit one or more documents from the list showing joint financial commitment for at least 12 months prior to your domestic partnership application:
o Joint bank account, credit card, or mortgage statements;
o Joint title or other proof of shared ownership of assets, for example property or vehicles;
o Testamentary documents naming the partner as beneficiary and/or executor of estate or proof of designating partner as beneficiary of a retirement savings plan or life insurance proceeds;
o Confirmation of joint health insurance plan participation from other employer/vendor for you and your partner;
o Other financial documents that legally bind you or your partner to each other’s assets;
o Other legal documents that legally bind you or your partner to each other, for example, naming your partner executor of an estate, or power of attorney for healthcare or financial decisions
In cases where none of the documents referenced above are available, or in situations where cohabitation has not been possible, a staff member may present other evidence that, in his/her mind, establishes proof of the couple’s domestic partnership, for example: affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties having personal knowledge of the bona fides of the domestic partnership; letters; photographs; telephone records; email trails. These cases will be escalated to the HR Operations Manager or a designated official for review and decisions. In consultation with the Bank’s Legal Department, the HR Operations Manager or designated official may, at his/her discretion, decide to accept the evidence presented in lieu of the documents referenced above.
- Translations are mandatory for any documents not in English.
- If the life event request has not been submitted within the 60-day period, the following options are available:
o Submit the Life Event request during the Open Enrollment period, which will be effective January 1 of the following year.
o When an eligible dependent (newly enrolled in household) loses outside coverage, the staff member has 60 days from the loss of coverage date to enroll the dependent by submitting the required proof.