This mission provided companies with an opportunity to:
- Initiate a dialogue with key experts in the transportation sector
- Understand project requirements and constraints, and how to access bank-financed projects
- Inform staff of the capabilities and interests of international firms in the transportation sector
This mission was intended for:
- Civil works/engineering companies working in the transportation sector
- Consulting firms, individual consultants, and training institutions
- Equipment manufacturers/suppliers
- Prospective sponsors of transportation sector investments in emerging markets
DID YOU KNOW?
- The World Bank Group is the world’s largest provider of development funding for transportation, with an active portfolio of $41 billion.
- From 2010 through 2014, the Inter-American Development Bank approved nearly $11 billion in loans for over 80 transportation projects in Latin America and the Caribbean.