- What is the objective of the MNA Fellows Program?
- Who is eligible to apply to the MNA Fellows Program?
- What types of candidates are you looking for?
- What are the minimum requirements to be eligible for the MNA Fellows Program?
- What are some of the desired fields of studies and focus areas of the advertised positions?
- Where will the appointments be located?
- What type of contract will the Fellows receive and what is the length of the Contract?
- Will the Fellows be able to apply for staff positions within the WBG?
- How can I apply to the Program?
- Can I apply if I am a current Consultant of the WBG?
- Is there an age limit to apply?
- Can I be interviewed from my country or do I have to travel to DC?
- What type of employment is available through the Fellows Program?
- What does the title "consultant"/” fellow” mean?
- Is it a project-based position?
- Are these placements temporary or permanent?
- If I already have a job, will I be required to leave it in order to participate in the Fellows Program?
- Is it possible for a qualified candidate to apply for more than one position?
- I want to include references to strengthen my application to the World Bank Group. To whom can I send my reference letters?
- What happens if I cannot leave my current job? I want to be part of the World Bank, but my manager will not permit that I leave for a one- or two-year term at the World Bank Group?
- If I apply for the job in Washington, am I able to request that I work from Kuwait to be closer to my family? If that is the only option, will there be a transition phase with guidance from the World Bank Group?
- Can I work from Kuwait even if the job is located in Washington remotely?
- What would make me the ideal candidate? What can I do to prepare for the interview?
To attract and develop young talent from the MNA countries for current and future employment opportunities at the WBG. Back to top
The 2022 Recruitment cycle for this Program is open to Kuwaiti nationals. Back to top
We are looking for talented young professionals that are passionate about International Development, are eager to receive first-hand experience working in one of the technical and operational areas of the World Bank Group and have the desire to learn and contribute to the WBG’s mission of eradicating extreme poverty and boosting shared prosperity. Back to top
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
· Be a citizen of Kuwait and have valid passport
· Must have a master’s degree and 2 years of relevant work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Be fluent in English
· Be committed to International Development Back to top
Economics, Human Resources, Public Policy, Law, Education Sciences, Water Resource Management, Communications, Journalism, International Relations/Public Affairs, Information Systems/ Computer Science, Digital Development, Environment Risk Management, Budget and Accounting, etc. Back to top
Appointments will be based mainly in Headquarters, Washington DC with a few located in one of the World Bank Group country offices. Back to top
The Fellows will receive an Extended Term Consultant (ETC) appointment for an initial one-year period. Pending availability of Funds, business needs and ETC satisfactory performance, ETC may be renewable for an additional year- subject to the ETC lifetime maximum of 2 years. The Fellow’s ETC appointment will be subject to the World Bank Group’s policies. Back to top
While the Fellows of this arrangement would be able to apply for vacancies there would be no guarantee of employment with the World Bank Group beyond the contract period. Back to top
How can I apply to the Program? All vacant positions will be advertised in this site. Please select the vacancy that you are interested in and follow the information on how to complete your application. All positions will remain open until March 7th, 2022, 7:59pm EST. Back to top
Yes, you can apply if you meet the eligibility criteria. Back to top
There is no specific age limit established however the MNA Fellows Program is designed for young professionals such as recent graduates, with a master’s degree and a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience. Back to top
Once the interview date is set by the hiring unit you have the option to be interviewed from your country via Videoconference, or through a World Bank Group office in your location. Back to top
This is Extended Term Consultant (ETC) is a full-time, one-year appointment at the equivalent of grade GE for the MNA Fellows Kuwait program. It is renewable for a second year subject to availability of funds and staff good performance. The maximum allowable duration is two years. Back to top
The Letter of Appointment will have the job title Extended Term Consultant; however, the hiring units can provide job titles relevant to each position to differentiate them when posting. The program is called MNA Fellows Kuwait program, thus the reference to the Fellows. Back to top
No Back to top
This is a full-time one-year Extended Term Consultant appointment. Back to top
Yes, since this is a full-time appointment, the candidates are not allowed work outside of the WBG. Back to top
Yes. Back to top
The candidates are expected to join the World Bank Group for the entire appointment. Candidates can take a leave of absence from their current job to accept the appointment. Back to top
If I apply for the job in Washington, am I able to request that I work from Kuwait to be closer to my family? If that is the only option, will there be a transition phase with guidance from the World Bank Group?
Yes. All new hires will go through the onboarding training that will provide guidance to new staff and help them integrate into the World Bank Group. Back to top
To benefit from the program and to learn about the World Bank Group’s mission, the staff should expect to work from the duty station location. Back to top
Read the TORs (Job description) very carefully and do your own research about the organization. Back to top