Transforming Transportation is an annual forum for thought-leaders from cities, businesses, and the development community to shape the global transportation agenda by asking pertinent questions and surfacing innovative answers. The two-day conference is organized by The World Bank and EMBARQ, with partners Inter-American Development Bank, CAF Development Bank of Latin America, Asian Development Bank, Institute for Transportation & Development Policy, and Partnership on Sustainable Low Carbon Transport.
Conference sessions focus on five areas of action:
• Leadership and governance: building the will and capacity to implement integrated transport and urban development solutions.
• Finance: leveraging private finance, climate finance, and national investments to fund “the future we want.”
• Mid-size cities: focusing on the next wave of urban transport needs to avoid unsustainable lock-in effects and promote regional development and prosperity, including beyond top-tier cities.
• Data & Technology: exploring the use of cost-effective, innovative technology, including big data, to engage citizens in finding solutions and optimize the use of available transport capacity.
• Road safety: protecting lives to lift a costly burden on societies and economies.