Russia's Monthly Economic Developments
September 16, 2014
- On September 12, the EU and the US introduced new sanctions against Russia’s financial, defense and energy sectors.
- The economy escaped recession, but economic activity is stagnating. We maintain our 0.5 percent growth forecast for 2014.
- Exchange rate depreciation resumed in August, pushing the Ruble to a record low.
- Higher food prices and Ruble depreciation elevated consumer prices inflation in August.
- Prospects for Russia’s external environment remain subdued after a good second quarter. Oil prices have weakened.
- World Bank Group ready to provide financial support worth $15-18 billion over the next three years
- Youth Voices on Climate Change Take Times Square
- World Bank to Begin Discussions on Proposal to Strengthen Social and Environmental Safeguards
- Ebola: Tackling The Outbreak in West Africa
- Joint Vietnam-World Bank Group Study Will Seek Path for Higher Economic Growth