Russia's Monthly Economic Developments
August 19, 2015
- Russia’s economy contracted 4.6 percent in the second quarter, year-on-year, after a 2.2 percent contraction in the first quarter, but in June the pace of contraction slowed.
- Russia’s second quarter balance of payment remained stable despite a weaker trade balance as the current account improved and capital outflows moderated.
- Receding oil prices and a further cut in the key policy rates in July brought the ruble exchange rate down to its lowest level since February.
- Preliminary poverty statistics for the first quarter of 2015 show a significant increase in the number of poor people.
- Development Partners Support the Creation of Global Financing Facility to Advance Women’s and Children’s Health
- 73 Countries and Over 1,000 Businesses Speak Out in Support of a Price on Carbon
- World Bank Group to Nearly Double Funding in Ebola Crisis to $400 Million
- International Food Prices Hit Four-Year Low
- Speech by World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim at Howard University: “Boosting Shared Prosperity”