Training workshop on Commitment to Equity (CEQ) Assessment and Fiscal Incidence Analysis
A training workshop on Commitment to Equity (CEQ) Assessment and Fiscal Incidence Analysis was held from 27-29 June 2022, in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The three-day workshop focused on the construction of CEQ Income concepts; the estimation of fiscal equity impact indicators and their interpretation; CEQ extensions for gender equality, children, and simulating policy reform; and Ethiopia-specific examples of CEQ Assessments and extensions as well as other fiscal incidence applications. The presentations included the following:
· CEQ Assessments and the Fiscal Incidence Analysis Toolkit by Jon Jellema
· Engendering Fiscal Incidence using the Commitment to Equity by Caren Grown
· Fiscal Incidence Analysis for Ethiopia by Christina Wieser, Wondimagegn Mesfin Tesfaye & Jia Gao
· A Gendered Fiscal Incidence Analysis for Ethiopia: Evidence from Individual-Level Data by Alemayehu Ambel, Wondimagegn Mesfin Tesfaye & Manex Bule Yonis
· Children and the Fiscal Space in Ethiopia: A Gendered CEQ Assessment by Alemayehu Ambel, Getachew Yirga Belete & Oliver Fiala
The workshop was attended by experts from the following institutions: the Ministry of Finance, the Ministry of Planning and Development, the Ministry of Revenues, the Ethiopian Statistics Service, the Ethiopian Economics Association, Policy Studies Institute, Tax Dev – IFS, and World Bank.