The 2023 Call for Proposals (CFP) for the Knowledge for Change Umbrella Program (KCP) Phase IV is now open. Housed in the Development Economics Vice Presidency (DEC), the KCP is a multi-donor trust fund with a successful track record in delivering high-impact, policy-relevant research, and knowledge products. The KCP aims at promoting evidence-based policy development in support of poverty reduction and shared prosperity in developing countries. The following are the main goals of the program:
- Original Research: produce rigorous and relevant fundamental research in support of evidence-based policy making in international development, anticipating future needs and knowledge gaps as well as responding to current policy challenges.
- Operational Relevance: support World Bank Group country operations in the design, implementation, evaluation, and modification of development interventions in an effective and efficient manner.
- Open Knowledge: maximize the impact of research and data by making knowledge accessible and actionable, particularly through partnerships and capacity-building activities.
The KCP launched its fourth phase in early 2021, with an objective to carry out activities related to research, data, and analytics around the following IDA’s special themes:
- Jobs and economic transformation
- Fragility, conflict, and violence
- Climate change
- Gender and development
- Governance and institutions
- Debt and financial fragility
- Human capital