World Bank Country Office in Ukraine Summer Internship Program
The World Bank is announcing an Internship Program in its Kyiv Office to provide an opportunity for selected candidates to build practical skills and augment research capacity in respective fields; develop experience working in an international organization; gain exposure to the international development effort; and deepen the understanding of Ukraine`s development priorities and challenges. This, in turn, would enrich the World Bank with interns' unique inputs and perspectives. The internship at the Bank's Kyiv Office promises to be an interesting and rewarding opportunity for career and personal development!
To be eligible for the internship Program, candidates must:
- Be a citizen of Ukraine
- Possess an undergraduate degree in the university of Ukraine and already be enrolled in a full-time graduate study program (pursuing a Master's degree or PhD) with plans to return to school in a full-time capacity. Generally, successful candidates have completed their first year of graduate studies or are already into their PhD programs
- Be fluent in English
- Specialize in a field relevant to the World Bank's operations such as finance, social sciences, sociology, law, public relations and media as well as other related fields.
- Prior relevant work experience, computing skills are advantageous.
The selected candidates would be engaged in development and implementation of the World Bank activities in one of the priority areas of the World Bank in Ukraine, which are improving the business environment and enhancing competitiveness including through investments in public infrastructure; strengthening public sector management; and mitigating social and environmental risks. Addressing the economic and financial crisis and its impact on Ukraine is an additional priority.
The Program would be offered for the period of minimum 4 weeks maximum 3 months in a period of June, 1 - September, 30 2013. The Bank pays an hourly salary to all interns for the actual hours worked -- interns are not paid for weekends or public holidays unless they actually work on those days. Interns are responsible for their own living accommodations.
Summer Internship Program 2013:
- Assignment period: June 1 - September 30
- Applications submission period May 01-19
- Candidates contacted - May 20 - 24 (only candidates selected for interview will be contacted)
- Interviews held and decisions on selection made (May 21 - May 25)
Applications submitted out of applications submission period will NOT be considered.
We do not send out any notice if you have not been selected but will acknowledge that your application has been received
For further information please contact:
tel: 490-6671, 490-6672.