The Retiree Medical Insurance Plan (RMIP) is a comprehensive health insurance plan offered by the World Bank Group for former HQ staff and their eligible dependents. The pharmacy vendor for HQ-based staff is CVS/caremark. For retirees eligible for U.S. Medicare, a Medicare Part D plan is also offered through SilverScript.
- Members of the retiree medical insurance plan (RMIP) who are eligible for Medicare Part B are required to enroll and to report this enrollment to HR Operations. If you or your spouse or partner will soon turn 65 years old, review the FAQ below:
- Once enrolled, send a copy of your Medicare card to HR Operations promptly using Transmittal form for copy of Medicare card.
- Retirees with higher incomes may be affected by the Income Related Monthly Adjustment Amount (IRMAA), an additional amount paid for the Medicare Part B premium. If IRMAA applies, retirees may now request reimbursement of the additional amount.
Understand RMIP Options
Your RMIP option depends on your age and length of pensionable service under the Bank Group Staff Retirement Plan on your date of separation from the Bank Group as well as in which pension plan you participated while an active staff member.
There are three options: Retiree Plan 1, Retiree Plan 1 Buy up, and Retiree Plan 2.
For information on the three options, visit Enroll into Retiree Medical Insurance Plan.
Reimbursement Claim Forms
Submit the claim form online via Aetna's secure member website
or use Form-892
Note: No claim forms are filed for in-network pharmacy discounts taken at the time of purchase of medicine at a pharmacy affiliated with CVS/caremark, as long as you can show your member ID card. For other pharmacies, submit the claim to Aetna using the form above. Form 892 must have a wet signature
- Claim submission options:
- Via the address indicated on the form
- Via email to email@example.com
- By fax to +32 3 6632857
- Through Cigna website https://www.cignahealthbenefits.com/. To log on to the Cigna website, click Member’s Access and enter the Cigna International reference number and personal password.
- Remember to include the signed and dated claim form together with the receipted invoices and all other documentation justifying reimbursement.
- In-network pharmacy discounts are taken at the time of purchase of the medicine at a pharmacy affiliated with CVS/caremark; no claim forms are filed as long as you can show your member ID card. For other pharmacies, submit the claim to Cigna using the form above.
If you can't download the Aetna claims forms, contact Aetna or Cigna and request forms to be sent to you.
Top RMIP Checklists
Note: For information on insurance coverage and claim, call the insurance administrator