Skip to Main Navigation

Human Resources


The World Bank
1818 H Street N.W.
Washington, DC 20433

Report or Renew Pending Permanent Resident or Permanent Resident Status



This checklist outlines the steps to report change from G4 to pending permanent resident or permanent resident status.




Action by Staff


1.    Update via myHR Self-Service  for self and dependentsG4 visa to pending permanent resident (with valid work authorization)

2.    G4 visa to permanent resident

3.    Work permit expiration for pending permanent resident(s)

4.    Green Card Expiration

Note: Refer to the Work Authorization card/ Green card when entering all mandatory information in the myHR Self-Service request


Upload a legible copy of the:

  • Work Authorization card for pending permanent resident(s)
  • Green Card for permanent resident(s)



If your status changes from G4 to permanent resident:

  • You are not eligible for a G5 domestic employee
  • Your spouse is eligible for a G4 visa but not eligible for a work permit
  • Your benefits eligibility may be impacted.
 Note: It is important that you report changes in visa status as this has an impact on your benefits eligibility.