|This checklist has information for staff based in HQ who are ending their Open, Term, or Regular appointments.
|FACTORS TO BE NOTED
- Staff can review termination benefits using the Termination Benefits Calculator in myHR Self- Service.
- For more information, refer to these resources:
|End of Appointment
Manager submits the ‘End of Appointment’ action in myHR Self-Service on or before the termination date. Alternatively, a drafter can initiate this action on behalf of the manager and the manager can approve it.
The department’s HR team in conjunction with HRDCO must send an email to Write to HR to initiate the termination process if the end of employment is due to one of the following reasons:
- Consequence of ill-health
- Early out
- Mutually Agreed Separation (MAS)
Staff can acknowledge their understanding of ending employment under one of these arrangements by sending an email to their manager.
RESIGNATION OR RETIREMENT:
The following steps must be performed if the staff member resigns due to reasons not mentioned above:
Staff member must submit the 'Resignation or Retirement' action in myHR Self-Service..
Manager must approve the action.
|Staff to submit a leave request for pending leave that you intend to take.
|Refer to the 'Leave Cash-Out on Termination' section of the LARS Help page for information on the leave cash-out process.
|Ensure you follow-up with the LARS coordinator and manager to ensure that your leave is verified and certified respectively.
|Enter time in the Time Recording System (TRS) to avoid delays in payment of termination benefits.
HR to send the staff member the checkout procedures and a personalized ending employment memorandum. The memorandum includes information regarding:
- Payment for any unused annual leave
- Separation grant, if eligible
- Resettlement benefits, if eligible
- Medical and life insurance options after termination of employment
- Contact list for pension, recognition of service, tax, and career services
- G4 visa implications, for non-U.S. citizens only
- Reappointment as a consultant or temporary staff on a G4 visa
- Dependency allowance
- Certification of benefits
- Staff member’s forwarding address
|HR will then process the leave cash-out for unused annual leave and other termination benefits, if applicable.
Note: The leave cash-out can be processed only after the leave balance has been verified by the LARS coordinator and certified by the manager.
- Staff can contact the Tax Office for information regarding tax implications. U.S. citizens must submit a Tax Allowance Certificate (Form 70) through myHR Self-Service.
- For US citizen staff separating in December: if you wish to receive your final tax allowance payment by year’s end, your last day of service should be before December 15 and all ending employment benefits and other non-regular payments, such as annual leave cash-outs, must be paid and included in payroll by the December 15 pay cycle. Otherwise, if such payments are made after December 15, a final tax allowance will be paid, and will be taxable in the following calendar year.
- Ensure that your banking details on myHR Self-Service are up-to-date and valid for payment of termination benefits. If you have an active split-payment of salary arrangement, select a preferred bank account to pay your termination benefits. If you do not indicate a preferred bank account, your split-payment of salary arrangement will be applied to the payment of your termination benefits. You will not be able to access myHR Self-Service and make any changes to your banking information from your termination date. Contact Payroll Service Desk (email@example.com) for assistance with updating banking details.
- Ensure that your personal email address on myHR Self-Service is up-to-date. Your Payroll Statement of Earnings and breakdown of your termination benefits will be sent to your personal email address on file upon your request. You can request your Payroll Statement of Earnings and the breakdown of termination benefits by contacting the Payroll Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will not be able to access your Payroll Statement of Earnings on myHR Self-Service from your termination date.
Staff to complete all required forms included in the ending employment memorandum and follow instructions in the forms for submission to Write to HR.
|If you are eligible, HR Operations will authorize your resettlement travel and shipping after receiving the resettlement Form 1924. The form will be included in the ending employment memorandum.
|Your shipping authorization will be coordinated by GCS Shipping that will assign your shipping to one of the approved vendors.
|Coordinate with AMEX, if you are eligible to get resettlement travel arrangements.
|Be present on your last day of service at the World Bank Group. For more information, refer to Staff Rule 07.01.
|If you are unable to be present, submit the T00163 Request for Waiver of Requirement to be Present on Last Day of Service form to your HR Team to request a waiver.
Minimum notice period: For information on minimum notice period, refer to Staff Rule 7.01.
Leave: For more information, refer to Staff Rule 6.06 and LARS Help page.
If your travel exceeds your cost limit or your shipment exceeds your costs/weight limit, you must pay the difference.
|REVIEW YOUR OPTIONS UPON TERMINATION
|Contact Pension Administration if you are participating in the staff retirement plan
Review your insurance options for continuation or retirement
Review your eligibility for a green card through the Special Immigration Requirement
|Note restrictions on employment after separation from the Bank Group as per:
You may wish to continue your Credit Monitoring and Identity Protection coverage with CSID: If you are enrolled under this voluntary program, the coverage will cease within 30 days from the end of the calendar quarter during which your termination date occurs.
For example, if you terminate employment between January 1st and March 31st, then your coverage will cease on April 30th. Contact CSID if you would like to continue the service at your own cost.
- For US coverage: Toll Free 866-318-2251.
- For non-US coverage: +44 20 38 68 76 86 (GEO UK) or Toll Free UK +44 80 00 86 91 70.
Staff with 20 or more years of service generally are eligible for the Retirement Appreciation Award upon ending employment. If you qualify and are interested, please contact the Recognition Office.
If you have been offered a position with another international organization and you need to request a G4 visa with your new employer, contact HR Operations to terminate your G4 visa with the Bank Group immediately.
Settle your accounts with the Bank Group, including travel expenses or balances and loans. Outstanding money, if any, owed to the Bank Group will be deducted from your final payments.
Cancel your PCard. If you do not have access to the intranet, contact the PCard Administrator.
Provisioned IT/Communications devices and services:
- Share your OneDrive files/folders which are of interest to your business unit with a colleague. Once shared, ask your colleague to copy/move those files/folders from your OneDrive account to one of the following: your colleague’s Onedrive; your MS Teams files/folder(s); or to Sharepoint files. Your original OneDrive files/folder(s) will become inaccessible to others 30 days after end of employment and will be deleted shortly afterwards.
- Provide a list of all accounts or user IDs assigned to you to access the Bank Group's computer systems and other services paid for by the Bank Group to your office administrator for cancellation. This could include DISA access codes; telephone calling cards; additional phone or Internet lines at home paid by the Bank Group.
- Mobile Phone – if you have a WBG-owned Corporate mobile phone and service plan, this will need to be cancelled/returned. You may wish to keep your phone number and transfer it to a personal plan. If so, please follow the guidance from this knowledge article: Service Catalog - How to change a cellular plan from Personal to Corporate or vice-versa | KB0002738
- If you have an iPhone or iPad, make sure to log out your Apple ID and turn off the “Find My iPhone” feature prior to returning. See this knowledge article for more details: How to unlink your Apple ID from a corporate device | KB0070941
Other Items to Return:
- Bank Group property such as laptop computer, docking station, desktop computer, monitors, printers, mobile phone (sign out of iCloud, mobile phone or tablet (iPhone/iPad), SecurID token, keys, language tapes, archival documents, and any other equipment. Contact your office administrator or the local IT team for assistance.
- Official records to your successor or manager because you may not remove recordsfrom Bank Group custody. For more information, refer to AMS 10.00.
- Library books to the appropriate Bank Group network library.
Update your contact information in myHR Self-Service. If you do not have access to the intranet, send it to HR Operations.
If you are settling outside the U.S., check with the embassy or consulate about the documents required to clear shipments through customs in your resettlement country.
Note: G4 visa holders have 30 days from retirement, resignation, or end-of-contract date to exit the U.S. or switch to a valid visa status.
|ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR HQ STAFF
Perform the following actions to facilitate cancellation of your myCard, if one was issued to you:
- Submit outstanding trip statement of expenses (SOE) on myTravel system to account for card charges. Write to AskAccounting or call 5220-84288 if you have questions.
- Cut your card and discard it.
- Inform AskAccounting of the end of your appointment, so that the team can promptly cancel your card.
Note: If you have a Diners card, cut your card in half and discard it. For more information, call Diners Club at 1-800-234-6377.
Contact the Fitness Center to cancel your membership
Cancel parking space: Complete and submit the Request For Suspension or Cancellation of Parking Space. For more information, refer to Commuter Services – Parking Program.
Contact the Fitness Center (available only on WB intranet) to cancel your membership.
|ID card: Return your ID card to the ID office on the last day of your service. Spouse/domestic partner IDs must also be returned.
|Laissez-Passer passport: Return your Laissez-Passer passport to the GCS Passport and Visa Desk
Contact the 1818 Society if you are retiring and wish to join the society.
Contact the Bank-Fund Staff Federal Credit Union for clarifications on services such as loans and credit cards.
|Retirees are eligible for discounts on Bank publications courtesy of the Office of the Publisher:
- Mail orders: Retirees are eligible for a 30 percent discount, plus postage and handling charges.
- World Bank Group Directory: Retirees can access the directory by visiting the 1818Society page.
You may wish to continue medical and life insurance coverage: