A Whole Life policy from Prudential Life Insurance is an option to increase the amount of life insurance coverage after ending employment with the Bank and the Bank's Group Life Insurance.
- You can purchase a Whole Life policy from Prudential Life Insurance for the amount of the coverage loss if you:
- are a Headquarters-based staff member with Group Life Insurance coverage.
- draw a pension following your termination.
- terminate from disability, extended sick leave, or special leave for reasons of ill-health.
All other terminated staff are eligible for Prudential's Portability Plan, which typically matches the coverage amounts received during active duty; Whole Life Conversion does not apply.
- The maximum amount of coverage that can be converted to Whole Life is the loss of coverage between World Bank Group Life Insurance for active staff and World Bank Group Retiree Life Insurance, if any.
For example, if a staff member retires with a salary of $100,000 net and total Basic plus Optional Group Life coverage of $400,000, s/he may elect the high option of the Retiree Life Insurance program, which offers coverage of 150 percent of final net salary. This staff member could purchase a Whole Life policy from Prudential for the $250,000 decrease in coverage ($400,000 less $150,000).
- For more information including premium ranges, contact Mr. Bernie Steinharter, Prudential Insurance Company, (410) 580-1900. Mr. Steinharter's fax is (410) 580-1969. You may also contact Eli Benzev at (410) 404-9178 or Prudential’s Life Conversion Group at (877) 889-2070.
1. Eligible staff will receive a Whole Life Conversion verification letter they can use to discuss Whole Life options with Prudential. This form will be provided to retirees as soon as Benefits either processes a Retiree Life Insurance enrollment or confirms waiver of Retiree Life Insurance. It will be provided to other eligible staff upon termination.
2. Convert Bank Group Life Insurance to Whole Life Insurance with Prudential after Retirement or Termination Due to Health Reasons from the Bank Group.
Whole Life Conversion must be initiated by the staff member within 31 days of end of employment. Whole Life policy rates vary enormously with gender, age, health characteristics, and other factors; we cannot show Whole Life premium rates here