LOANS & CREDITS
Madagascar – Third Environmental Program Support Project [Additional Financing]
- Aby Toure
- Tel : (202) 473-8302
Washington DC, June 21, 2011—The World Bank's Board of Executive Directors today approved the following project.
IDA Credit: US$42 million equivalent
Terms: Maturity = 40 years; Grace = 10 years
GEF Trust Fund Grant: US$10 million
Project ID: P107484
Project Description: This funding will help improve the protection and sustainable management of critical biodiversity resources in Madagascar, mainstream conservation into macro-economic management and facilitate the establishment of sustainable financial mechanisms for the environment, thus contributing to the improvement of the quality of life of the population.
- World Bank Group ready to provide financial support worth $15-18 billion over the next three years
- Youth Voices on Climate Change Take Times Square
- World Bank to Begin Discussions on Proposal to Strengthen Social and Environmental Safeguards
- Ebola: Tackling The Outbreak in West Africa
- Joint Vietnam-World Bank Group Study Will Seek Path for Higher Economic Growth