LOANS & CREDITS
Madagascar – Third Environmental Program Support Project [Additional Financing]
- Aby Toure
- Tel : (202) 473-8302
Washington DC, June 21, 2011—The World Bank's Board of Executive Directors today approved the following project.
IDA Credit: US$42 million equivalent
Terms: Maturity = 40 years; Grace = 10 years
GEF Trust Fund Grant: US$10 million
Project ID: P107484
Project Description: This funding will help improve the protection and sustainable management of critical biodiversity resources in Madagascar, mainstream conservation into macro-economic management and facilitate the establishment of sustainable financial mechanisms for the environment, thus contributing to the improvement of the quality of life of the population.
- Development Partners Support the Creation of Global Financing Facility to Advance Women’s and Children’s Health
- 73 Countries and Over 1,000 Businesses Speak Out in Support of a Price on Carbon
- World Bank Group to Nearly Double Funding in Ebola Crisis to $400 Million
- International Food Prices Hit Four-Year Low
- Speech by World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim at Howard University: “Boosting Shared Prosperity”