The Program for Asia Connectivity and Trade, or PACT, is a trust fund administered by the World Bank and supported by the United Kingdom's Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office. The trust fund activities contribute to South Asia regional trade and connectivity initiatives in addition to interregional cooperation with Central Asia.
PACT funds a range of analyses and technical assistance to increase regional trade and cross-border investments. It works to enhance transport and digital connectivity, build regional markets in electricity generation and transmission, and promote people-to-people links that lead to improved market access and services for the poor. PACT is one of several trust funds that support work to build greater regional connectivity highlighted on One South Asia.
Operating across Central Asia and South Asia, PACT activities are in Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Kyrgyzstan, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan.
Links to PACT-funded activities are added below as they become available.
- What does it take to survey South Asia? Designing a phone survey in 18 languages to measure COVID-19 impacts in the region (blog)
- Enhancing Efficiency of Trade and Transit in the Khyber Pass Economic Corridor (TF0A9140)
- Enhancing Cross-Border Trade of Goods and Services (TF0B0188)
- Survey of International Experience in Advanced Metering Infrastructure and its Implementation (TF0A8792)
- Data Analytics for Advanced Metering Infrastructure: A Guidance Note for South Asian Power Utilities (TF0A8792)
- Central Asia Regional Electricity Trade and Market Development (TF0A8743)
- Economic Corridor Assessment of Myanmar and India (TF0A9495)
- South Asia and Central Asia Economic Connectivity: Trade and Logistics Links (TF0A9133)
- IT and IT-enabling Services (TF0B0303)
- Boosting Services Trade for a Global Pakistan (TF0B0295)
- Regional Broadband Connectivity Study (TF0A8976)
- Strengthening Regional Digital Connectivity Infrastructure (TF0B0133)
- Improving Regional Waterway Transport Connectivity (TF0B0534)
- Enhancing South Asia Regional Economic Integration (TF0B1025)
- Regional Trade Facilitation and Transport (TF0B1085)