To apply please visit: https://www.worldbank.org/gpsa
Are you a Civil Society Organization in Bangladesh? Apply now to the Global Partnership for Accountability (GPSA) call for proposal on Social Accountability to win grants ranging from US$ 500,000 - US$ 1,000,000. The deadline for application is Thursday, March 14th, 2013.
The Global Partnership for Social Accountability (GPSA) is a coalition of donors, governments and civil society organizations (CSOs) that aims to improve development results by supporting capacity building for enhanced citizen feedback and participation. The GPSA will contribute to country-level governance reforms and improved service delivery. To achieve this objective, the GPSA provides strategic and sustained support to CSOs’ social accountability initiatives aimed at strengthening transparency and accountability.
The GPSA is pleased to announce its First Global Call for Proposals. In Bangladesh, the GPSA seeks Social Accountability proposals from CSOs that will:
1. Strength citizen capacity to access local budget data to engage constructively in budget planning and implementation at the Union Parishad level within the framework of the Right to Information Act 2009, the open budgeting provisions of the Local Government Act 2009 and the Union Parishad Operational Manual of August 2012.
2. Monitor and report on the open budgeting process at the Union Parishad level, including consistency of public expenditure planning and implementation with provisions in the Union Parishad Operational Manual.
What can the grants support?
- Up to 100% of project’s total cost.
- Up to 50% of total organization budget.
- Projects with an estimated duration of 3 to 5 years.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Non-government organizations
- Not-for-profit media organizations
- Charitable organizations
- Faith-based organizations
- Professional organizations
- Labor unions
- Workers’ organizations
- Associations of elected local representatives
- Policy development institutes
- Research institutes
CSOs must have a proven track record on social accountability and be a legal entity registered in Bangladesh.
Want to know more?
An Orientation Session for CSOs who may be interested in submitting a GPSA proposal will be held on February 19th at 10:00 am at the World Bank Office in Dhaka (Plot E 32, Sher-e-Bangla Nagar, Agargaon, Dhaka 1207).
For additional information and to download the E-application please visit: www.worldbank.org/gpsa
For help completing the E-application, please contact: email@example.com