The World Bank’s Digital Development Global Practice invites you to participate in an invitation-only hybrid Expert Workshop on the initial version (consultation draft) of the Sectoral Cybersecurity Maturity Model (SCMM). During this workshop, World Bank staff and invited external cybersecurity experts and practitioners will learn about the development of this new innovative approach to assessing and improving the cyber resilience of critical sectors, explore the use cases that informed its development in the health, energy, financial and digital infrastructure sectors, engage with the SCMM team, and discuss good practices on how to implement it.
The development of the SCMM is part of the World Bank’s larger efforts to mainstream cyber resilience into the development agenda and support client countries in securing their increasingly digitalized and interconnected critical infrastructure sectors. The SCMM is envisioned to become a global digital public good specifically to help relevant stakeholders examine critical sectors of the economy to identify and analyze gaps in cybersecurity practices, capabilities, and resources within a sector and develop a roadmap to gradually mature the sector’s ability to manage cyber risks and address the continually evolving cyber threat environment.
The workshop will consist of two modules:
- Module 1 & 2: Overview of the Sectoral Cybersecurity Maturity Model and Implementation (SCMM) – 11am-1:00pm
Deep dive into the draft SCMM and its key elements, followed by a discussion with World Bank sectoral experts on the application of the initial version of SCMM methodology in the countries where this diagnostic tool was piloted. This will also be an opportunity for you to share feedback, input, and comments on the draft SCMM.
Training Workshop on the Sectoral Cybersecurity Maturity Model (SCMM)
11:00 am -11:55 am - Overview of the Sectoral Cybersecurity Maturity Model (SCMM)
- Welcome and Introduction by Oleg Petrov, Senior Digital Development Specialist, World Bank
- Introducing the SCMM by Hagai Mei Zahav, Senior Cybersecurity Specialist, World Bank
- The Role of a Sectoral Approach in Cybersecurity Diagnostics.
- The SCMM Origins and Evolution: Formulation of the methodology through an iterative process
- SCMM Overview
- The Structure of the SCMM: Layers of Assessments, Dimensions, Factors, Indicators, & Maturity Levels, by Dr. Lior Tabansky, Senior Cybersecurity Consultant, Tel Aviv University
- SCMM Implementation, Phases, & Processes: a quick snapshot, by Francesca Spidalieri, Cybersecurity Consultant, World Bank
12:00 pm -1:00 pm - Operationalizing SCMM: Potential Use Cases and Learning from Pilots
- A panel discussion of the sectorial assessment case studies and key takeaways from the selected sectors, moderated by Anat Lewin, Digital Safeguards Business Line Lead, World Bank
- Opening Remarks by Anat Lewin, Digital Safeguards Business Line Lead, World Bank
- Presentation of Case Studies, by Hagai Mei Zahav, Senior Cybersecurity Specialist, World Bank
- Sectoral Perspectives: Use Cases, Lessons Learned and Way Forward:
- Financial Sector Perspective, by Dorothee Delort, Senior Financial Sector Specialist, World Bank
- Health Sector Perspective, by Christine Lao Pena, Senior Human Development Specialist
- Energy Sector Perspective, by Anders Pedersen, Senior Energy Specialist, World Bank
- Digital Development Sector Perspective, by Hyea Won Lee, Digital Development Specialist
- Q&A, Open Discussion and Closing Remarks
Lunch –1:00 pm
- WHEN: June 21st, 2023
- WHERE: 1818 H St NW, Washington, DC 20433, USA - MC-C2-350 & via Zoom