Bangladesh is on the fast lane to development. Everyday a new building stands higher, a new road stretches longer, with and more vehicles and people commuting. We are at a crossroads. Making the roads in Dhaka chaotic. Can a simple change turn this around?
To make the roads in Dhaka safer for all, perhaps a fresh perspective is just what we need; the perspective of the youth.
“What would you change to make the roads in Dhaka safer?”
If you have an unique idea, a solution for making roads better, create a short video with a catchy title and share with us!
Video duration: 40 seconds – 2 minutes
Email submissions: RoadSafety2019@outlook.com
Final date of submission: December 17, 2019 Midnight (Dhaka Standard Time)
Who can join: Ages 18-23 years and citizens/permanent residents of Bangladesh only. Individual and group entries (not more than 3 members) allowed.
An esteemed panel of judges will announce the 5 winners with exciting prizes.
1. The Contest is open to all citizens and permanent residents of Bangladesh.
2. Submissions are limited to individuals. Teams of maximum three (3 ) individuals may submit entries. Individuals who join teams must meet the eligibility requirements for Individual Contestants.
3. All entrants must be 18-23 years as of Sept. 30, 2019.
4. Staff of the World Bank Group and/or UN (including their consultants, contractors and their employees) are not eligible to participate in the Contest. Immediate , family members and relatives of WB and UN staff are not eligible to participate.
1. Topic of the Video: “My idea/solution to make Dhaka roads safer”
2. The Video must be minimum 30 seconds and maximum 2 minutes in duration.
3. The Video can include animation and graphics
4. The Video can be filmed on hi-definition camera/smartphone/GoPro
5. The Video can be in English and/or Bangla.
6. The Video must have a title either in English or Bangla
7. All participants name, age, email address and mobile number should be clearly mentioned in the submission.
8. Submissions will be judged based on the following Criteria: (1) Solutions offered; (2) Creativity and relevance of the topic; (3) and Clarity and vision.
9. Entries should be original content not previously submitted to any media channel such as Youtube and should be the work of the submitter(s)
10. All Videos must be submitted through email
11. There is no fee payable to enter the competition.
12. The last date of submission is December 17, 2019 Midnight (BST- Bangladesh Standard Time)
13. Failure to comply with these rules may result in disqualification from the Contest, which decision shall be final.
· The judging panel will comprise of 5 members. Family members of judges are not eligible to participate.
· The Videos will be collated before making a shortlist of 20 for the panel.
· The 20 shortlisted Videos will then be judged/ranked based on a) solutions offered b) creativity c) clarity and vision with all members of the panel present.
· The top 5 winners will be notified (first, second, third, and two runner- ups) and will be announced on the World Bank and United Nations website and social media channels.
· Judging panel’s decision is final.
· Winning entries will be featured on World Bank Group and UN websites and social media channels
· Proposed prizes for winners: iPad, GoPro cameras, and smartphones
· The prizes and certificates will be distributed to the five winners at a special awards ceremony.