The theme of this year’s conference is: “The Changing Landscape of Secondary Markets”.
Deep and liquid government bond markets are the cornerstone for cost-effective funding by governments and for the development of efficient fixed income markets that can support economic growth. Smooth functioning fixed income markets allow for better matching of saving and investment opportunities, facilitate capital market financing of enterprises and critical infrastructure projects, and help governments and private sector issuers reduce reliance on foreign currency borrowing and bank financing.
The conference brings policy makers and investors together in panel discussions covering topics such as:
- Outlook and trends for secondary markets
- Investors’ insights on policies to promote secondary market liquidity
- Primary dealers’ regulations and practices to support market making
- Alternative methods to promote market making and price discovery
- Electronic trading platforms
- Bond ETFs and their role in secondary market liquidity
- Local and international clearing and settlement systems
To learn more about World Bank’s work on Government Bond Markets, please visit our website: World Bank Government Bond Market Development Program.