CLOSING DATE AND TIME: JANUARY 3, 2019 @ 5.00 PM EST
The World Bank Group (WBG) Information and Technology Solutions department provides IT capabilities that support the WBG’s twin goals to end extreme poverty by 2030 and boost shared prosperity in developing countries. The WBG complies with fiduciary requirements and upholds a high reputation globally. The WBG’s risk management position, confidentiality and integrity of the information are therefore key business requirements for the co-location facility.
The purpose of this RFP is to select one (1) qualified co-location provider to provide a Tier III, contiguous and secure data center cage for the WBG IT Infrastructure within 50 miles radius of the Reston, VA area. Resulting from this RFP, the WBG intends to migrate and consolidate the current primary data center to the new facility beginning in August of 2019.
Please follow the instructions below to request for the RFP. To receive the RFP a signed Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) has to be received before the issuance date. NDA will be sent when you request for this RFP.
A pre-proposal conference is being scheduled in the second week of December to answer any questions before you submit your proposals. The invitation will only be sent to firms that have submitted signed NDAs and received the RFP.
Minimum Requirements for Participation:
The selection will be conducted in multiple phases and the details will be provided in the RFP. Only firms that meet a minimum criterion listed below, including, but not limited to are as follows:
1) Proposed property location and facility characteristics: The Offeror shall provide a facility that is fully concurrently maintainable and comply with Tier III standards and be able to withstand natural disasters such as Category 3 hurricanes, tornadoes, and floods. The provided space should be contiguous and securely segregated from the other clients’ space.
2) Security and access control: WBG is expected to manage and mitigate risks better by selecting a secure solution that meets the WBG’s legal and security standards. The proposed facility must maintain a Service Organization Controls (SOC) SOC1 Type 2 and/or SOC2 Type 2 certification, with an unqualified service auditor’s opinion covering at least physical security, environmental safeguards, incident management and operations monitoring control objectives.
3) Power, cooling, and environmental: WBG business consists of mission critical financial services and global operations in 128 countries. The business requires 24x7 continuous IT service availability. WBG requires the facility to have 99.999% Service Level Agreement (SLA) for power availability, and 99.99% SLA for cooling availability to minimize any potential outages.
4) Network and cabling infrastructure: The facility must be carrier neutral and host a minimum of 5 different carriers and/or access providers. The facility is required to have 10G high-speed, redundant inter-colocation network connecting to Equinix Ashburn primary MMR. The latency must be at or below 2ms between the 2 locations. The network shall achieve 99.95% availability SLA. In addition, the WBG has adopted a “Cloud First” policy and therefore is seeking a facility that has 1G to 10G high speed connectivity to AWS Direct Connect and Azure ExpressRoute.
The solicitation may be obtained by sending an email to the designated Contracting Officer, referencing the following information:
1. Solicitation Number
2. Company Name
3. Contact Person Name and Title
5. Telephone Number
6. Fax Number
7. Contact's Email Address
A copy of the solicitation will be sent to organizations that have replied to this advertisement. All requests and questions regarding this solicitation shall be directed to the following designated Corporate Procurement Contract Officer(s):
Sanjay Colaco at email@example.com (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)
John Mannino at email@example.com (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)
The World Bank reserves the right to reject any or all applications without recourse.