CLOSING DATE AND TIME: MARCH 23, 2021 @ 3.00 PM EST
The World Bank Group (World Bank) invites qualified General Contractors to participate in a Request for Expression of Interest(REI) to pre-qualify for the Renovation and Fit-out Works for the World Bank Group Office in Beirut, Lebanon.
The Contractor is responsible for providing the manpower, technical expertise, equipment, materials, labor support and tools, either directly or through a sub-contractor, to deliver the services required for the Interior and Exterior improvement works including, but not limited to, the renovation of the main entrance lobby and reception area, the elevator lobbies and six-story atrium, conference and meeting rooms, new offices areas, staff cafeterias, toilets, kitchens and other building service areas. The scope of work will include interior and exterior construction and finishing works, in particular: external facades, terraces, waterproofing, floor, wall and ceiling finishes, partitions, doors and frames, fixtures and fittings, including all necessary localized adjustments to the electrical, HVAC, power generators, UPS, plumbing, sanitary and fire protection systems. The scope of work also comprises an upgrade of security, IT, and AV systems in accordance with WBG requirements. The building has an area of 5,220 sqm in 6 floors plus ground floor, mezzanine and two basement floors for parking and storage. The building is located at the following:
The World Bank Lebanon Office
Address: Bourie House 119, Abdallah Bayhum Street
Marfaa, Solidere, P O Box 11-8577
Tel: +961 1 962900
Firms must meet all the mandatory criteria outlined below to be considered as eligible for technical evaluation:
1. Evidence of average annual revenue of more than US Dollars 15.0 Million (USD 15.0 Million), for the last three years (2017, 2018, and 2019), while performing as a General Contractor in services similar to the work described in this REI.
2. Evidence of fiscal capability to furnish a US Dollars Six Hundred Thousand (USD 600,000) performance bond or Bank Guarantee. (The Firm must provide a letter from a surety company confirming that it will provide respondent firm with performance bonds on the Project in an amount equal to or greater than USD 600,000).
3. Firm must submit a complete set of audited financial reports/certified financials for the previous 3 fiscal years that demonstrate it has the financial capability to successfully support the entire contract.
4. Evidence that the Firm is registered, has all required licenses, permits and related paperwork and is authorized to operate as a General Contractor in the Construction Business, Civil Works, Fit-out works (provide certification) in Beirut, Lebanon and provide evidence that the firm has fully staffed and equipped office within Lebanon for this project.
5. Firms should also be eligible to be registered as a World Bank vendor. Please check World Bank vendor eligibility requirements at www.worldbank.org/corporateprocurement
6. Evidence that the company has successfully and continuously been engaged as General Contractor in providing similar service to those required in this REI over the last 5 years.
7. Certification that the company has not been involved in any litigation action in the past 5 years which resulted in damages being awarded to the litigant, based on either failure to perform or poor maintenance.
8. Confirmation that no Child or Underage Labor will be used in any part of this Construction Project.
9. Firm must provide evidence of ability to obtain insurance coverage, such as, Worker’s compensation, Builder’s Risk/Contractor All Risk Insurance, Automobile Liability Insurance, Personal Accident Insurance, Commercial General Liability Insurance.
10. Firm must have an office in Lebanon.
11. Any other Criteria included on the REI Documentation.
The solicitation may be obtained by sending an email to the designated Category Manager, referencing the following information:
1. Solicitation Number: REI 21-0315
2. Company Name
3. Contact Person Name and Title
5. Telephone Number
6. Fax Number
7. Contact's Email Address
A copy of the solicitation will be sent to organizations that have replied to and are eligible to receive this advertisement. All requests and questions regarding this solicitation shall be directed to the following designated Corporate Procurement Category Manager:
Manolo Macariola - firstname.lastname@example.org
The WBG reserves the right to publicly disclose contract award information, including but not limited to, name of company receiving the award, brief description of services, and contract award amount, for any contract award valued over US$250,000. Offeror's proposal and contractual documents will remain confidential and therefore not subject to disclosure.