CLOSING DATE AND TIME: JANUARY 10, 2022 @ 3:00 PM EST
The World Bank Group (World Bank) invites qualified General Contractors to participate in a Request for Expression of Interest (REI) to pre-qualify for the facilities project for the World Bank Group HQ in Washington, D.C.
Scope of Work
The WBG Office Headquarters in Washington, DC will undertake several projects to upgrade its facilities. This will include but not limited to the following projects:
1. I Building Kitchen Renovation:
Renovation of the I Building kitchen and cafeteria seating area. Scope includes all new wall finishes, kitchen equipment upgrades and new lighting. A re-working of the seating areas, new grab-n-go style food offerings and relocation of the coffee bar from I2 to ground floor.
2. I Building Childcare Center Expansion:
Utilizing space relinquished from the former I cafeteria servery area, the scope includes increased circulation paths and child drop-off space, as well as increasing the number of classrooms on the ground floor of the I Building Childcare center.
3. I Building 11th Floor Renovation - Space pilot for ITS:
Full floor renovation for ITS on I11. Senior Management endorsed an updated real estate strategy that would provide over time a new office environment designed to promote more collaboration, support flexible work arrangements and generate additional cost savings. GCSCR recently piloted a new office space concept on the 2nd floor of the J Building and the 3rd floor of I Building. This design ensures adequate measures to address the post-COVID environment.
4. J Building floor Renovation– J2 Space pilot Ph2:
The scope of work for J2 space pilot did not include the entire floor plate so the immediate plan is to complete the other side of J2 (approximately 10,000 SF) using the new space standard. This work will start in Qtr3 FY22.
5. MC Exterior Door Replacement:
The Main Campus (MC) Building requires all exterior doors to be upgraded or replaced to meet security and operational requirements
6. J Building Archives Relocation:
Relocation of the WBG Archives unit to the former J1 Visitor center space to an above grade location and to make the space more prominent and accessible for external and internal researchers.
The WBG is looking for General Contractors (GCs) to handle the aforementioned projects. Qualified General Contractors will be invited to participate in a solicitation for each project in the list which will have different start and completion dates
Firms must meet all the mandatory criteria outlined below to be considered as eligible for technical evaluation:
1. Offeror must have successfully and continuously been engaged as a General Contractor in providing similar services/works to those required in this REI over the last 10 years. Please provide 3 recent references that will verify your past performance and contracts of similar size and scope to the effort defined herein.
2. Offeror must have a permanent office within the Washington Metropolitan Area.
3. Firm must submit a complete set of audited financial reports/certified financials for the previous 3 fiscal years that demonstrate it has the financial capability to successfully support the entire contract.
4. Evidence of average gross annual revenue of more than USD 20,000,000 for the last three years (2018, 2019 and 2020), while performing as a General Contractor in services similar to those required in this REI.
5. Certification that your firm has not been involved in any litigation action in the past five years which resulted in damages being awarded to the litigant, based on either failure to perform or poor maintenance.
6. Any other Criteria included on the REI Documentation.
The solicitation may be obtained by sending an email to the designated Category Manager, referencing the following information:
1. Solicitation Number: REI 22-0171
2. Company Name
3. Contact Person Name and Title
5. Telephone Number
6. Fax Number
7. Contact's Email Address
A copy of the solicitation will be sent to organizations that have replied to and are eligible to receive this advertisement. All requests and questions regarding this solicitation shall be directed to the following designated Corporate Procurement Category Manager:
Manolo Macariola - email@example.com