CLOSING DATE AND TIME: AUGUST 18, 2017 @ 5.00 PM EST
The International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (“the Bank Group”) has a requirement for the worldwide shipment and storage of household goods, motor vehicles, and personal effects. This service involves comprehensive door-to-door moving services to and from the WBG’s headquarters and any worldwide location. These requirements include arranging, monitoring, and managing the distribution and physical transportation of used household goods shipments, both domestically and internationally. This requirement is currently serviced by Contractors based in the Washington, D.C., area who support full door-to-door shipment of household goods and personal effects.
The WBG is particularly interested in strengthening overall contract performance levels to include cost efficiency, cost control, quality of service, quality initiatives, electronic reporting/invoicing and transit time performance.
The Contractor shall manage both domestic and international shipments. North American shipments do not include extended storage; however, international shipments may require extended storage. In summary, the Contractor shall:
- Maintain management and staff that are highly-trained. Provide a dedicated project team to the WBG’s account with demonstrated experience in all aspects of the requirements of the RFP. Cultural awareness and diversity are essential. Proactive, progressive, customer-oriented processes must be in place.
- Maintain an experienced work force to include: move coordinators, drivers, packers, quality assurance, training, and management personnel, as well as owned warehousing and equipment, within 75 miles of the WBG’s headquarters in Washington, D.C.
- Maintain door-to-door moving procedures utilizing advanced technology and qualified staff in order to provide the WBG with a seamless process for WBG staff members.
- Provide documentation of specific industry certifications and affiliations demonstrating that standards and systems currently exist to meet the WBG’s shipping requirements.
- Provide fully automated systems for management of information and invoicing.
Contractor must be fully capable of providing full door-to-door move counseling for all phases of the relocation process.
The solicitation may be obtained by sending an email to the designated Contracting Officer, referencing the following information:
1. Solicitation Number
2. Company Name
3. Contact Person Name and Title
5. Telephone Number
6. Fax Number
7. Contact's Email Address
A copy of the solicitation will be sent to organizations that have replied to this advertisement. All requests and questions regarding this solicitation shall be directed to the following designated Corporate Procurement Contract Officer(s):
Marilyn Davy at firstname.lastname@example.org
The World Bank reserves the right to reject any or all applications without recourse.