CLOSING DATE AND TIME: AUGUST 1, 2018 @ 3.00 PM EST
The World Bank Group (World Bank) invites qualified General Contractors to participate in a Request for Expression of Interest (REI) to pre-qualify for the Fit-out Work for WBG Offices in Montevideo, Uruguay.
Scope of Work
The WBG Office in Montevideo, Uruguay will be relocated from Buenos Aires Street to the Victoria Plaza office building at Plaza Independencia. The WBG has leased 429 sqm of the 14th floor for IBRD Office. The new space will house approximately 8-10 staff in private and open offices, as well as support spaces such as conference rooms, meeting rooms, cafeteria, reception, common support facility areas, etc.
The WBG is looking for a General Contractor (GC) to provide fit-out work for the aforementioned offices. The interior fit-out works includes, but it’s not limited to, internal walls and partitions, walls, ceilings and floor finishes, doors, internal glazing, hardware, fixed joinery, signage, window coverings, kitchen equipment, carpentry works as well as Mechanical, Electrical, Hydraulic, Access Control, Fire Protection systems, CCTV, IT and Communications systems, Low Voltage System, supply and installation of nominated equipment, etc.
The General Contractor shall perform the work according to the design specifications, drawings, standard condition, procurement requirements, construction schedule, international and local building code. The General Contractor shall provide all the required government permits before fit-out work and as-build documentation at the completion of the project, training and warranties.
Firms must meet all the mandatory criteria outlined below to be considered as eligible for technical evaluation:
1. Evidence of average annual revenue of more than USD1.0 Million (US Dollars One Million), for the last three years (2015, 2016, and 2017), while performing as a General Contractor for services similar to the work described in this REI.
2. Evidence of fiscal capability to furnish a US Dollars Seventy Thousand (USD70,000) performance bond or Bank Guarantee. (The Firm must provide a letter from a surety company confirming that it will provide respondent firm with performance bonds on the Project in an amount equal to or greater than USD70,000).
3. Firm must submit a complete set of audited financial reports/certified financials for the previous 3 fiscal years that demonstrate it has financial capability to successfully support the entire contract.
4. Evidence that the Firm is registered, has all required licenses, permits and related paperwork and is authorized to operate as a General Contractor in the Construction Business, Civil Works, Fit-out works (provide certification) in Montevideo, Uruguay, and provide evidence that the firm has fully staffed and equipped office within Montevideo, Uruguay for this project.
5. Firms should also be eligible to be registered as a World Bank vendor. Please check World Bank vendor eligibility requirements at the following link: www.worldbank.org/corporateprocurement.
6. Evidence that the company has successfully and continuously been engaged as General Contractor in providing similar service to those required in this REI over the last 5 years.
7. Certification that the company has not been involved in any litigation action in the past 5 years which resulted in damages being awarded to the litigant, based on either failure to perform or poor maintenance.
8. Confirmation that no Child or Underage Labor will be used in any part of this Construction Project.
9. Evidence of ability to obtain insurance coverage, such as, Worker’s compensation, Contractor All Risk Insurance, Automobile Liability Insurance, Personal Accident Insurance, Commercial General Liability Insurance. Builder’s Risk.
10. Any other Criteria included on the REI Documentation
The solicitation may be obtained by sending an email to the designated Category Manager, referencing the following information:
1. Solicitation Number: REI 19-0024
2. Company Name
3. Contact Person Name and Title
5. Telephone Number
6. Fax Number
7. Contact's Email Address
A copy of the solicitation will be sent to organizations that have replied to and are eligible to receive this advertisement. All requests and questions regarding this solicitation shall be directed to the following designated Corporate Procurement Category Manager:
Manolo Macariola - email@example.com
The WBG reserves the right to publicly disclose contract award information, including but not limited to, name of company receiving the award, brief description of services, and contract award amount, for any contract award valued over US$250,000. Offeror's proposal and contractual documents will remain confidential and therefore not subject to disclosure.
The World Bank reserves the right to reject any or all responses without recourse.