CLOSING DATE AND TIME: FEBRUARY 25, 2020 @ 2:00 PM EST
The World Bank Group (World Bank) invites qualified General Contractors to participate in a Request for Expression of Interest (REI) to pre-qualify for the fit-out work of WBG Offices in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
Scope of Work
The scope includes a complete fit-out work for two floors office in Colombo, Sri Lanka. The qualified GC will perform work according to the design specifications, drawings, WBG standards, construction schedule, international and local building codes. The work includes among others, demolition of existing ceiling at site, carefully removing the fittings & fixtures, interior fit-out, solid & glass partition systems, doors and frames, floor finishes, wall finishes, ceiling, joinery, electrical, plumbing, AC ventilation system, fire protection system, IT, Low Voltage system, IBMS, etc.
The project is expected to be a Greenmark platinum project & the GC is expected to follow all guidelines as stipulated by the certification agency to enable WBG to obtain the certification.
Firms must meet all the mandatory criteria outlined below to be considered as eligible for technical evaluation:
1. Firm must have an average annual revenue of more than USD10.0 Million (US Dollars Ten Million), for the last three years (2017, 2018, and 2019), while performing as a General Contractor for services similar to the work described in this REI.
2. Firm must have the fiscal capability to furnish a USD 300,000 (US Dollars Three Hundred Thousand) performance bond or Bank Guarantee.
3. Firm must submit audited financial reports/certified financials for the previous 3 years that demonstrate it has the financial capability to successfully support the entire contract.
4. Firm must be registered, has all required licenses, permits and related paperwork and is authorized to operate as a General Contractor in the Construction Business, Civil Works, Fit-out works (provide certification) in Colombo, Sri Lanka and must provide evidence that the firm has fully staffed and equipped office within Sri Lanka for this project.
5 Firms must be eligible to be registered as a World Bank vendor. Please check World Bank vendor eligibility requirements at www.worldbank.org/corporateprocurement
6. Firm must have successfully and continuously been engaged as a General Contractor in providing similar service to those required in this REI over the last 5 years.
7. Firm must provide certification that the company has not been involved in any litigation action in the past 5 years which resulted in damages being awarded to the litigant, based on either failure to perform or poor maintenance.
8. Firm must confirm that no Child or Underage Labor will be used in any part of this Construction Project.
9. Firm must provide evidence of ability to obtain insurance coverage, such as, Worker’s compensation, Builder’s Risk/Contractor All Risk Insurance, Automobile Liability Insurance, Personal Accident Insurance, Commercial General Liability Insurance.
10. Firm must have an office in Colombo, Sri Lanka
11. Any other Criteria included on the REI Documentation
The solicitation may be obtained by sending an email to the designated Category Manager, referencing the following information:
1. Solicitation Number: REI 20-0798
2. Company Name
3. Contact Person Name and Title
5. Telephone Number
6. Fax Number
7. Contact's Email Address
A copy of the solicitation will be sent to organizations that have replied to and are eligible to receive this advertisement. All requests and questions regarding this solicitation shall be directed to the following designated Corporate Procurement Category Manager:
Manolo Macariola - email@example.com
The WBG reserves the right to publicly disclose contract award information, including but not limited to, name of company receiving the award, brief description of services, and contract award amount, for any contract award valued over US$250,000. Offeror's proposal and contractual documents will remain confidential and therefore not subject to disclosure.