CLOSING DATE AND TIME: DECEMBER 1, 20202 @ 2.00 PM EST
The World Bank Group (World Bank) invites qualified General Contractors to participate in a Request for Expression of Interest (REI) to pre-qualify for the Fit-out of World Bank Group Office in London, UK.
Scope of Work
The IFC desires to appoint a General Contractor (GC) to provide complete fit-out work for the new WBG offices in London, England located at 6th floor at 1 Tudor Street, London, EC4Y 0AH. The qualified GC will perform work according to the design specifications, drawings, WBG standards, construction schedule, international and local building codes. Time is of the essence and the General Contractor will make every effort to deliver the project complete in the shortest time possible to the standard required within the drawings and specifications. The contractor shall provide a Master Program at commencement including scheduling of Client suppliers- furniture the new space, as well as key dates and time for the Client to move, install, test and commission the complete IT system and desk top equipment, computers, phones, printer and Utility equipment. Furniture fit-out including but not limited to furniture installation, planning, and implementation, and disposal as required.
A Comprehensive Interior fit-out is the other major part of the scope, which will include partitioning works, ceilings, floor finishes, electrical works, voice/data communications systems, fire/life safety systems, security installations, air conditioning system, plumbing works, furniture and office equipment installation. The central HVAC and generator system is provided by the Landlord, however, some of the common services will be requiring additional A/C system. Moreover, the contractor shall provide all manuals and warrantee’s along with complete ‘AS BUILTS’ in drawings format for the AC system, Power, lighting and switching and Voice and data cabling installation.
The project is expected to be a BREEAM certified & the GC is expected to follow all guidelines as stipulated by the certification agency to enable WBG to obtain the certification.
Firms must meet all the mandatory criteria outlined below to be considered as eligible for technical evaluation:
1. Firm must have an average annual revenue of more than USD10.0 Million (US Dollars Ten Million), for the last three years (2017, 2018, and 2019), while performing as a General Contractor for services similar to the work described in this REI.
2. Firm must have the fiscal capability to furnish a USD 300,000 (US Dollars Three Hundred Thousand) performance bond or Bank Guarantee.
3. Firm must submit audited financial reports/certified financials for the previous 3 years that demonstrate it has the financial capability to successfully support the entire contract.
4. Evidence that the Firm is registered, has all required licenses, permits and related paperwork and is authorized to operate as a General Contractor in the Construction Business, Civil Works, Fit-out works (provide certification) in London, UK and provide evidence that the firm has fully staffed and equipped office within London for this project.
5. Firms must be eligible to be registered as a World Bank vendor. Please check World Bank vendor eligibility requirements at www.worldbank.org/corporateprocurement
6. Firm must have successfully and continuously been engaged as a General Contractor in providing similar service to those required in this REI over the last 5 years.
7. Firm must provide certification that the company has not been involved in any litigation action in the past 5 years which resulted in damages being awarded to the litigant, based on either failure to perform or poor maintenance.
8. Firm must confirm that no Child or Underage Labor will be used in any part of this Construction Project.
9. Firm must provide evidence of ability to obtain insurance coverage, such as, Worker’s compensation, Builder’s Risk/Contractor All Risk Insurance, Automobile Liability Insurance, Personal Accident Insurance, Commercial General Liability Insurance.
10. Firm must have an office in London, UK
11. Any other Criteria included on the REI Documentation
The solicitation may be obtained by sending an email to the designated Category Manager, referencing the following information:
1. Solicitation Number: REI 21-0173
2. Company Name
3. Contact Person Name and Title
5. Telephone Number
6. Fax Number
7. Contact's Email Address
A copy of the solicitation will be sent to organizations that have replied to and are eligible to receive this advertisement. All requests and questions regarding this solicitation shall be directed to the following designated Corporate Procurement Category Manager:
Manolo Macariola - email@example.com
The WBG reserves the right to publicly disclose contract award information, including but not limited to, name of company receiving the award, brief description of services, and contract award amount, for any contract award valued over US$250,000. Offeror's proposal and contractual documents will remain confidential and therefore not subject to disclosure.