CLOSING DATE AND TIME: MARCH 8, 2019 @ 3:00 PM EST
The World Bank Group (World Bank) invites qualified General Contractors to participate in a Request for Expression of Interest (REI) to pre-qualify for the construction of the WB new office building in Niamey, Niger.
Scope of Work
Construct a turnkey new, blast resistant facility, on a 5,000 m² site. The facility is composed of an office building and auxiliary buildings (approximately 1,900 m²) and an anti-climb, anti-ram and blast resistant perimeter fence wall (approximately 290 linear meters). The facility is three floors above grade.
The scope includes, among others, reinforced concrete structures; fit-out finishes; blast resistant walls/windows/doors; access control facility (guard house and sally port); demolition and removal of existing structures & infrastructures (where applicable); construction of new compound wall, site paving and surface parking area; roadwork, landscaping; site lighting; mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems and components; elevator (Lift); building management system (BMS); solar panels; sewage treatment plant (STP); generators including heat-reclaim, and fuel storage tanks; communication (standard cabling & trays, IT & tele communication); solar panels (Photovoltaic); rain water harvesting; sustainable construction practices (including heat reclaim, water savings and minimizing maintenance requirements); including providing appropriate documentation as required for project Environmental Certification (for example LEED, EDGE, etc.). Duration of the project is estimated to be 24 months or sooner.
The scope requires the General Contractor to retain an experienced construction manager, that has local Niger or regional experience in managing similar type projects and fluent in English to communicate and process project documents including scheduling with the World Bank Design and Management Team.
Firms must meet all the mandatory criteria outlined below to be considered as eligible for technical evaluation:
1. Firm must have an average annual revenue of more than USD14.0 Million (US Dollars Fourteen Million), for the last three years (2015, 2016, and 2017), while performing as a General Contractor for services similar to the work described in this REI.
2. Firm must have the fiscal capability to furnish a USD 1.0 Million (US Dollars One Million) performance bond or Bank Guarantee.
3. Firm must be profitable on its operations over the last 3 years by showing a consolidated profit before taxes in at least 2 years of those years. Provide complete audited financial statement for the last three years (2015, 2016 and 2017).
4. Firm must be registered and is authorized to engage in the construction business in Niamey, Niger, and that the firm has relevant for this World Bank project fully staffed and equipped permanent office within Niger. Firms should also be eligible to be registered as a World Bank vendor.
5. Firm must have successfully and continuously been engaged as a General Contractor in providing similar service to those required in this REI over the last 8 years.
6. Firm must have experience in value engineering (VE) processes and software. As well as in environmental certification project (for example LEED, EDGE, etc.).
7. Firm must provide certification that the company has not been involved in any litigation action in the past 5 years which resulted in damages being awarded to the litigant, based on either failure to perform or poor maintenance.
8. Firm must confirm that no Child or Underage Labor will be used in any part of this Construction Project.
9. Firm must confirm that the Project Manager and Site Supervisors deployed at the site are able to communicate Technical issues in English as well as all official communication.
10. Firm must provide evidence of ability to obtain insurance coverage, such as, Worker’s compensation, Builder’s Risk/Contractor All Risk Insurance, Automobile Liability Insurance, Personal Accident Insurance, Commercial General Liability Insurance.
11. Any other Criteria included on the REI Documentation
The solicitation may be obtained by sending an email to the designated Category Manager, referencing the following information:
1. Solicitation Number: REI 19-0306
2. Company Name
3. Contact Person Name and Title
5. Telephone Number
6. Fax Number
7. Contact's Email Address
A copy of the solicitation will be sent to organizations that have replied to and are eligible to receive this advertisement. All requests and questions regarding this solicitation shall be directed to the following designated Corporate Procurement Category Manager:
Manolo Macariola - firstname.lastname@example.org
The WBG reserves the right to publicly disclose contract award information, including but not limited to, name of company receiving the award, brief description of services, and contract award amount, for any contract award valued over US$250,000. Offeror's proposal and contractual documents will remain confidential and therefore not subject to disclosure.
The World Bank reserves the right to reject any or all responses without recourse.