CLOSING DATE AND TIME: DECEMBER 2, 2019 @ 3:00 PM EST
The World Bank Group (World Bank) invites qualified Contractors to participate in a Request for Expression of Interest (REI) for the Construction and fit-out of the World Bank Group Office in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso.
Scope of Work
To construct in the city center in the Ouaga 2000 neighborhood of Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso a secure new ground up office and auxiliary building(s) with ballistic properties including facilities, site work, excavation and demolition of existing buildings and infrastructures, and complete fit-out excluding furniture.
The blast resistant facility, on a 5,500 m², is composed of an office building and auxiliary buildings (approximately 1,900 m²) and an anti-climb, anti-ram and blast resistant perimeter fence wall (approximately 300 linear meters). The facility is three floors above grade.
The scope includes among others reinforced concrete structures; fit-out finishes; blast resistant walls/windows/doors; access control facility (guard house and sally port); demolition and removal of existing structures & infrastructures (where applicable); construction of new compound wall, site paving and surface parking area; roadwork, landscaping; site lighting; mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems and components; elevator (Lift); building management system (BMS); generators including heat-reclaim, and fuel storage tanks; communication (standard cabling & trays, IT & tele-communication); sustainable construction practices; including providing appropriate documentation as required for project EDGE Environmental Certification. Duration of the project is estimated to be 24 months or sooner.
The scope requires the General Contractor to retain an experienced construction manager, that has local Burkina or regional experience in managing similar type projects and fluent in English to communicate and process project documents including scheduling with the World Bank Design and Management Team.
Firms must meet all the mandatory criteria outlined below to be considered as eligible for technical evaluation:
1. Firms must have a minimum average annual gross revenue of USD 20.0 Million for the last three years (2016, 2017, and 2018), while performing as a General Contractor in services similar to work described in this REI.
2. Firms must demonstrate it has the financial capability to furnish a USD $1.5 Million performance bond, or Bank Guarantee.
3. Firms must have a profitability of its operations over the last 3 years by showing a consolidated profit before taxes in at least 2 years of those years. Provide complete audited financial statement for the last three years (2016, 2017 and 2018).
4. Firms must be registered and authorized to engage in the construction business in Burkina Faso, and that the firm has relevant for this World Bank project fully staffed and equipped permanent office within Burkina Faso. Firms should also be eligible to be registered as a World Bank vendor.
5. Firms must successfully and continuously been engaged as a General Contractor in providing similar service to those required in this REI over the last 8 years.
6. Firms must have similar office buildings turnkey completed projects in conflict and hostile environments, including in Burkina Faso or the region.
7. Firms must have experience in value engineering (VE) processes and software. As well as in environmental certification project (for example LEED, EDGE, etc.).
8. Firms must provide certification that the company has not been involved in any litigation action in the past 5 years which resulted in damages being awarded to the litigant, based on either failure to perform or poor maintenance.
9. Firms must confirm that no Child or Underage Labor will be used in any part of this Construction Project.
10. Firms must have Project Manager and Site Supervisors deployed at the site that are able to communicate Technical issues in English as well as all official communication.
11. Firms must be able to provide adequate insurances for the project.
12. Any other criteria included in the REI documents.
The solicitation may be obtained by sending an email to the designated Category Manager, referencing the following information:
1. Solicitation Number: REI 20-0627
2. Company Name
3. Contact Person Name and Title
5. Telephone Number
6. Fax Number
7. Contact's Email Address
A copy of the solicitation will be sent to organizations that have replied to and are eligible to receive this advertisement. All requests and questions regarding this solicitation shall be directed to the following designated Corporate Procurement Category Manager:
Manolo Macariola - firstname.lastname@example.org
The WBG reserves the right to publicly disclose contract award information, including but not limited to, name of company receiving the award, brief description of services, and contract award amount, for any contract award valued over US$250,000. Offeror's proposal and contractual documents will remain confidential and therefore not subject to disclosure.