CLOSING DATE AND TIME: DECMEBER 30, 2019 @ 3.00 PM WASHINGTON DC TIME
The International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (The World Bank) is planning to carry out a construction of its new office located at Plot 18 Prince Charles Drive, Kololo, Kampala, Uganda on an approximately 4,320 m2 site. Scope of work consists of demolition of existing structures on-site, excavation and regrading of the site, relocation of existing utility lines, construction of new boundary retaining walls with security fence, a new 4 stories above grade office building with 1 story below grade parking for approximately 5,046 m2, an elevated deck above ground level parking in the rear of the building.
The World Bank is therefore seeking to hire a qualified General Contractor to provide such services starting from March 2020.
General Contractors must meet the following requirements to be eligible for a further evaluation.
1. Minimum average annual turnover in Construction/ Architectural, Civil and Interior Works equivalent to USD 27,000,000 (USD 27 Million) for the last four years (from 2015 to 2018), while performing as a General Contractor in services similar to the work described in this RFP
2. Demonstrate that the firm has financial capability to successfully support the entire contract.
3. Firm is registered and is authorized to engage in the Construction Business, Civil Works, Construction Services in Kampala, Uganda and evidence that the firm has relevant for this World Bank project fully staffed and equipped office within Uganda.
4. Firms must have been in Construction business at least 10 years and must demonstrate that over the last 5 years the firm has successfully and continuously been engaged as a General Contractor in providing similar service to those required in this RFP, with minimum 3 projects of similar project in size, complexity and nature with minimum of 3,000 m2 or greater, If not in Uganda, provide regional experience in East Africa
5. Ability to obtain insurance coverage as per contract requirement.
The site walkthrough and pre-proposal meeting will be held on 25 November 2019.
The solicitation may be obtained by sending an email to the designated Contracting Officer, referencing the following information:
1. Solicitation Number
2. Company Name
3. Contact Person Name and Title
5. Telephone Number
6. Fax Number
7. Contact's Email Address
A copy of the solicitation will be sent to organizations that have replied to and are eligible to receive this advertisement. All requests and questions regarding this solicitation shall be directed to the following designated Corporate Procurement Contract Officer(s):
Chayut Mathurapote at firstname.lastname@example.org (mailto:email@example.com)
The WBG reserves the right to publicly disclose contract award information, including but not limited to, name of company receiving the award, brief description of services, and contract award amount, for any contract award valued over US$250,000. Offeror's proposal and contractual documents will remain confidential and therefore not subject to disclosure.
The World Bank reserves the right to reject any or all responses without recourse.