The main objective of the engagements for the Systematic Country Diagnostic (SCD) is to identify key development challenges and priorities for Thailand to end poverty and share prosperity widely.
Engagement meetings will be conducted with a wide range of stakeholders, including:
- Government agencies: Ministries in Bangkok and relevant government officers in four regions
- Development partners: UN agencies and other multilateral and bilateral development partners
- Civil Society Organizations (CSOs): Non-profit organizations and associations, labor groups, think tanks, academia and research groups
- Private sector: Representatives from the business sector, The Federation of Thai Industries (provincial chapters), The Thai Chamber of Commerce (provincial chapters), small and medium enterprises
LOCATION AND PARTICIPANTS
The engagements will take place in four provinces representing the Northern, Northeastern, Southern and Bangkok areas.
- Udon Thani: Khon Kaen, Nongkhai, Chaiyaphum, Maha Sarakham, Kalasin, Udon Thani
- Songkhla: Phathalung, Songkhla, Satun, Pattani, Yala, and Narathiwat
- Chiang Mai: Chiang Mai, Mae Hong Son, Chiang Rai, Lampang, Phayao and Lamphun
The engagement will include both face-to-face meetings as well as an online/social media platform to enable participation by a wide range of stakeholders.
The face-to-face meetings will include a mix of plenary and small group presentations and discussions. Simultaneous translations will be provided.
The online engagement is expected to gather views from the millions of Thai active social media users. An online survey form, in Thai and English, is expected to be available during the engagements. People may submit the online survey form to email@example.com or complete the survey form online when it becomes available. The online survey form will be promoted on the World Bank Thailand Facebook page.
The engagements with development partners, government agencies and the private sector in Bangkok will be conducted in English.
Other face-to-face engagements will be conducted in Thai with English-Thai and Thai-English simultaneous translation.
INVITATIONS AND BACKGROUND MATERIALS
Invitations and relevant background materials are in Thai language except for the two sessions in Bangkok.
Meeting summaries, in both Thai and English, will be sent to the participants and will be posted on the Thailand consultation page. This summary will also be part of the SCD as an Annex.