World Bank Group Statement on the Abductions of Nigerian School Girls
May 7, 2014
WASHINGTON, May 7, 2014--The World Bank Group today released the following statement on the abductions of school girls in Nigeria:
"This morning, hundreds of World Bank Group staff and management gathered together for a moment of solidarity with the more than 200 Nigerian school girls stolen from their families in recent weeks.
Like many others, we are horrified by the abduction of these girls. Every girl - every child - in the world should have the right to go to school to learn and pursue her dreams without fear.
Our hearts go out to these girls and their families, and we urge their swift release and safe return home."
- World Bank Group ready to provide financial support worth $15-18 billion over the next three years
- Youth Voices on Climate Change Take Times Square
- World Bank to Begin Discussions on Proposal to Strengthen Social and Environmental Safeguards
- Ebola: Tackling The Outbreak in West Africa
- Joint Vietnam-World Bank Group Study Will Seek Path for Higher Economic Growth