LOANS & CREDITS
Nicaragua - Improving Community and Family Health Care Services Project [Additional Financing]
- In Washington
- Marcela Sanchez-Bender
- Tel : +1 (202) 473-5863
Washington DC, February 24, 2014—The World Bank's Board of Executive Directors today approved the following project.
IDA Credit: US $10 million equivalent
Terms: Maturity = 40 years, Grace = 10 years
Project ID: P146880
Project Description: The objectives of the project are to: (i) improve the access to, and the quality of, preventive and promotion health and nutrition services among poor and vulnerable populations in Nicaragua; (ii) strengthen the operational capacity of the Nicaragua Ministry of Health (MOH) through the rehabilitation of health centers; and (iii) ensure financial support in case of a public health emergency.
- Development Partners Support the Creation of Global Financing Facility to Advance Women’s and Children’s Health
- 73 Countries and Over 1,000 Businesses Speak Out in Support of a Price on Carbon
- World Bank Group to Nearly Double Funding in Ebola Crisis to $400 Million
- International Food Prices Hit Four-Year Low
- Speech by World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim at Howard University: “Boosting Shared Prosperity”