A National Spatial Data Infrastructure (NSDI) integrates spatial data sets and series, metadata, network and data services, and geographic information from different subnational or sectorial entities -ensuring interoperability and harmonization- in an online geoportal that contributes to making informed decisions through widely available data and increasingly cost-effective infrastructure. To help understand this value, a group of practitioners will analyze experiences from different countries and institutions to debate the roadmap for a successful NSDI implementation throughout its phases to identify best practices, setbacks, benefits, and key political actions. This webinar will be the first event from the “Demystifying National Spatial Data Infrastructures (NSDIs)” series the World Bank’s Urban, Disaster Risk Management, Resilience and Land Global Practice, the Land Thematic Group and the Geospatial Community of Practice are co-organizing.
About Open Learning Campus
All registered users of OLC can experience its impact of new features. If you are already registered with OLC you can directly sign in to the new system. If you are a new user then do register to avail of the dynamic learning opportunities from WBG to deepen your knowledge and skills on a variety of development related topics. For example, you will have access to timely resources such as:
- Ted like video talks
- Formal learnings (i.e., Self-paced courses/Facilitated Courses/MOOCs)
- Live events and Knowledge Exchanges
- Communities of Practice
You will have access to an extensive catalog of resources through which you can search and discover relevant learning materials.
How to Access the Course Content
To access the course content, please follow the below registration steps:
- Open https://wbg.edcast.com/
- Navigate to “No account?” and select “Create one!”. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Enter the code that you received via email at the “Enter Code” field. Select “Sign in” to continue with the next step.
- Fill in your First and Last Names and select a preferred communication language. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five learning goals. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five skills. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Congratulations and welcome to the OLC! You’ll find additional tips and suggestions inside the “Welcome to the Open Learning Campus” channel at the top of the home page.