The American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) will present the Future World Vision project (a world constructed in a real-time 4-D computer simulation model): putting engineers in a position to anticipate and prepare for future changes using data-driven, in-depth scenario planning analysis. This system has the potential to help ensure that the decisions we make, in building high-tech, resilient, and sustainable communities of the future, optimize desirable outcomes while avoiding undesirable and unintended consequences. ASCE was founded in 1852, represents more than 150,000 members of the civil engineering profession in 177 countries. ASCE stands at the forefront of a profession that plans, designs, constructs, and operates society’s economic and social engine – the built environment – while protecting and restoring the natural environment. The world’s largest publisher of civil engineering content, and an authoritative source for codes and standards that protect the public.
About Open Learning Campus
All registered users of OLC can experience its impact of new features. If you are already registered with OLC you can directly sign in to the new system. If you are a new user then do register to avail of the dynamic learning opportunities from WBG to deepen your knowledge and skills on a variety of development related topics. For example, you will have access to timely resources such as:
- Ted like video talks
- Formal learnings (i.e., Self-paced courses/Facilitated Courses/MOOCs)
- Live events and Knowledge Exchanges
- Communities of Practice
You will have access to an extensive catalog of resources through which you can search and discover relevant learning materials.
How to Access the Course Content
To access the course content, please follow the below registration steps:
- Open https://wbg.edcast.com/
- Navigate to “No account?” and select “Create one!”. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Enter the code that you received via email at the “Enter Code” field. Select “Sign in” to continue with the next step.
- Fill in your First and Last Names and select a preferred communication language. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five learning goals. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five skills. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Congratulations and welcome to OLC! Select "First Things First" to start your learning journey!