You are cordially invited to participate in a webinar discussion on Disaster Risk Management (DRM) in High Mountain Asia on March 3, 2021. In the wake of the recent Chamoli glacier burst in Uttarakhand, lives, livelihoods, and hydropower infrastructure were exposed to massive flooding. As a result, a renewed interest in dam safety, disaster risk management, and rehabilitation is taking hold of the region. The World Bank has supported hydropower development as well as disaster risk management projects throughout the South Asia region, particularly in Afghanistan, Bhutan, India, Nepal, Pakistan, and Tajikistan. This webinar aims to stimulate discussions on the importance of local knowledge, regional cooperation, climate change science, glacier modelling, artificial intelligence, remote sensing, and other advanced technologies that can be used to enhance Disaster Risk Management and strengthen multi-hazard early warning systems. Speakers include a balanced variety of experts and specialis
About Open Learning Campus
All registered users of OLC can experience its impact of new features. If you are already registered with OLC you can directly sign in to the new system. If you are a new user then do register to avail of the dynamic learning opportunities from WBG to deepen your knowledge and skills on a variety of development related topics. For example, you will have access to timely resources such as:
- Ted like video talks
- Formal learnings (i.e., Self-paced courses/Facilitated Courses/MOOCs)
- Live events and Knowledge Exchanges
- Communities of Practice
You will have access to an extensive catalog of resources through which you can search and discover relevant learning materials.
How to Access the Course Content
To access the course content, please follow the below registration steps:
- Open https://wbg.edcast.com/
- Navigate to “No account?” and select “Create one!”. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Enter the code that you received via email at the “Enter Code” field. Select “Sign in” to continue with the next step.
- Fill in your First and Last Names and select a preferred communication language. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five learning goals. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five skills. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Congratulations and welcome to OLC! Select "First Things First" to start your learning journey!