Weather is impacting at least a third of the global economy, and 100% of the global population. Accurate, widely distributed weather data and information is of undisputedly high value. For decades, the private, public, and academic sectors have jointly faced the challenge of weather prediction for the safety of life and property. Climate change and hazard vulnerability are rapidly raising the stakes, with further improvements in forecast accuracy taking on increased urgency. Fortunately, new science, technologies and business models have arisen which broaden the available arsenal that humanity has got to face that challenge. It is of high importance that the private, public, and academic sectors can adapt swiftly and collaboratively in this dynamic environment and overcome preconceived notions and engrained behaviours to tackle this challenge together. In this webinar, Peter Platzer, CEO, Spire Global, will share his perspective on the ongoing transformation in the global weather en
About Open Learning Campus
All registered users of OLC can experience its impact of new features. If you are already registered with OLC you can directly sign in to the new system. If you are a new user then do register to avail of the dynamic learning opportunities from WBG to deepen your knowledge and skills on a variety of development related topics. For example, you will have access to timely resources such as:
- Ted like video talks
- Formal learnings (i.e., Self-paced courses/Facilitated Courses/MOOCs)
- Live events and Knowledge Exchanges
- Communities of Practice
You will have access to an extensive catalog of resources through which you can search and discover relevant learning materials.
How to Access the Course Content
To access the course content, please follow the below registration steps:
- Open https://wbg.edcast.com/
- Navigate to “No account?” and select “Create one!”. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Enter the code that you received via email at the “Enter Code” field. Select “Sign in” to continue with the next step.
- Fill in your First and Last Names and select a preferred communication language. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five learning goals. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five skills. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Congratulations and welcome to OLC! Select "First Things First" to start your learning journey!