As the COVID-19 pandemic reverberates around the globe, we are reminded that disasters have not been staying home and will need managed in a new and more challenging environment. The current global health crisis has been a stress test for emergency preparedness and response systems that are in place, and governments are learning where those systems have strengths, and where they need to be improved and adapted. This event will be the second session of GFDRR’s Building Resilience during the Covid-19 Crisis Speaker Series. We will be hearing from officials working on the front lines in Vanuatu, India, Japan, and the Caribbean what they have learned so far about responding to and preparing for tropical cyclones during COVID-19, and what advice they have for others who are facing similar challenges.
About Open Learning Campus
All registered users of OLC can experience its impact of new features. If you are already registered with OLC you can directly sign in to the new system. If you are a new user then do register to avail of the dynamic learning opportunities from WBG to deepen your knowledge and skills on a variety of development related topics. For example, you will have access to timely resources such as:
- Ted like video talks
- Formal learnings (i.e., Self-paced courses/Facilitated Courses/MOOCs)
- Live events and Knowledge Exchanges
- Communities of Practice
You will have access to an extensive catalog of resources through which you can search and discover relevant learning materials.
How to Access the Course Content
To access the course content, please follow the below registration steps:
- Open https://wbg.edcast.com/
- Navigate to “No account?” and select “Create one!”. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Enter the code that you received via email at the “Enter Code” field. Select “Sign in” to continue with the next step.
- Fill in your First and Last Names and select a preferred communication language. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five learning goals. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five skills. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Congratulations and welcome to OLC! Select "First Things First" to start your learning journey!