Global Weather Enterprise Online Forum will explore the national legal frameworks that define and establish the roles and responsibilities of each stakeholder in the weather enterprise in the respective territories, rendering particular importance for all elements of the value chain in the weather, water and climate. The Power of Partnership report (World Bank 2019) emphasized that a stable institutional environment is crucial for private-sector development and a sustainable public-private engagement. The report recommended to support the development of a transparent legal and regulatory framework in line with the World Meteorological Organization Geneva Declaration – 2019 that recognizes the importance of legal frameworks in ensuring the inclusiveness of the national enterprise. This Online Forum will try to promote good national practices that ensure inclusiveness and efficiency in achieving the ultimate goal of the weather enterprise – better services to the whole of society.
About Open Learning Campus
All registered users of OLC can experience its impact of new features. If you are already registered with OLC you can directly sign in to the new system. If you are a new user then do register to avail of the dynamic learning opportunities from WBG to deepen your knowledge and skills on a variety of development related topics. For example, you will have access to timely resources such as:
- Ted like video talks
- Formal learnings (i.e., Self-paced courses/Facilitated Courses/MOOCs)
- Live events and Knowledge Exchanges
- Communities of Practice
You will have access to an extensive catalog of resources through which you can search and discover relevant learning materials.
How to Access the Course Content
To access the course content, please follow the below registration steps:
- Open https://wbg.edcast.com/
- Navigate to “No account?” and select “Create one!”. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Enter the code that you received via email at the “Enter Code” field. Select “Sign in” to continue with the next step.
- Fill in your First and Last Names and select a preferred communication language. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five learning goals. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five skills. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Congratulations and welcome to the OLC! You’ll find additional tips and suggestions inside the “Welcome to the Open Learning Campus” channel at the top of the home page.