The online forum will discuss public-private sector engagement as a strategy to strengthen weather services and increase their socio-economic benefits to societies worldwide. A significant challenge faced by NMHSs in developing countries is lack of sufficient government support required to fulfill its public functions, improve and sustain weather and climate services at a level which optimizes the accuracy, timeliness and reliability of forecasts and warnings, and ultimately, optimizes their value and socio-economic impact to the country. WMO, the World Bank and other development partners are pursuing initiatives and strategies to address this challenge. One such strategy involves increasing the collaboration between the Public, Private and Academic sectors of the Global Weather Enterprise. The panel will explore inter-sector partnerships with the potential to increase the value of weather and climate services in developing countries: what are the key challenges and risks, what are potential benefits, how can an NMHS support for Public-Private Engagement get started, and are there other initiatives which need to be considered in parallel or as follow on?
About Open Learning Campus
All registered users of OLC can experience its impact of new features. If you are already registered with OLC you can directly sign in to the new system. If you are a new user then do register to avail of the dynamic learning opportunities from WBG to deepen your knowledge and skills on a variety of development related topics. For example, you will have access to timely resources such as:
- Ted like video talks
- Formal learnings (i.e., Self-paced courses/Facilitated Courses/MOOCs)
- Live events and Knowledge Exchanges
- Communities of Practice
You will have access to an extensive catalog of resources through which you can search and discover relevant learning materials.
How to Access the Course Content
To access the course content, please follow the below registration steps:
- Open https://wbg.edcast.com/
- Navigate to “No account?” and select “Create one!”. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Enter the code that you received via email at the “Enter Code” field. Select “Sign in” to continue with the next step.
- Fill in your First and Last Names and select a preferred communication language. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five learning goals. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five skills. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Congratulations and welcome to the OLC! You’ll find additional tips and suggestions inside the “Welcome to the Open Learning Campus” channel at the top of the home page.