The third session in the resilient societies clinic series will explore the role of gender dynamics in disaster risk and resilience, and how these insights can be used to improve policy and implementation design. The clinic will highlight two ongoing activities at GFDRR: The Analytics Team will present results from an upcoming global report, which looks at ways in which natural disasters result in differentiated impacts for women and men, boys and girls. Drivers include gender gaps in exposure and vulnerability, preparedness and coping capacity. Since gender dynamics matter for disaster impacts and the capacity to recover, they are crucial to consider as part of policy design, as well as analytics. The study therefore identifies policy recommendations for DRM and resilience building activities to help them maximize impact, and paves a way forward for analytics in this space. The GFDRR Labs Team will also present their gender findings from Open Cities Africa, an ongoing initiative
About Open Learning Campus
All registered users of OLC can experience its impact of new features. If you are already registered with OLC you can directly sign in to the new system. If you are a new user then do register to avail of the dynamic learning opportunities from WBG to deepen your knowledge and skills on a variety of development related topics. For example, you will have access to timely resources such as:
- Ted like video talks
- Formal learnings (i.e., Self-paced courses/Facilitated Courses/MOOCs)
- Live events and Knowledge Exchanges
- Communities of Practice
You will have access to an extensive catalog of resources through which you can search and discover relevant learning materials.
How to Access the Course Content
To access the course content, please follow the below registration steps:
- Open https://wbg.edcast.com/
- Navigate to “No account?” and select “Create one!”. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Enter the code that you received via email at the “Enter Code” field. Select “Sign in” to continue with the next step.
- Fill in your First and Last Names and select a preferred communication language. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five learning goals. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five skills. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Congratulations and welcome to OLC! Select "First Things First" to start your learning journey!