World Bank Somalia Country Team and the Somalia Women Empowerment Platform and World Bank Somalia cordially invite you to a high-level discussion on working together to Advance Gender Equality and Address Gender-based violence (GBV) in Somalia. Gender-based violence (GBV) presents a critical barrier to Somalia’s development and economic growth, and to the health and well-being of its population. GBV is widespread across Somalia, with displaced women and girls among the most vulnerable to varying forms of violence. Harmful practices persist with 99 percent of women having undergone some form of female genital mutilation (FGM), while 36 percent of women is married by the time, they turn 18. The 2022 Somalia Humanitarian Response Plan (HRP) for GBV Area of Responsibility (AoR) estimates that 2.3 million people require GBV response services across the country (UNFPA,2022). Recurrent and complex humanitarian crises exacerbate already high rates of GBV. Between January to May 2022, inci
About Open Learning Campus
All registered users of OLC can experience its impact of new features. If you are already registered with OLC you can directly sign in to the new system. If you are a new user then do register to avail of the dynamic learning opportunities from WBG to deepen your knowledge and skills on a variety of development related topics. For example, you will have access to timely resources such as:
- Ted like video talks
- Formal learnings (i.e., Self-paced courses/Facilitated Courses/MOOCs)
- Live events and Knowledge Exchanges
- Communities of Practice
You will have access to an extensive catalog of resources through which you can search and discover relevant learning materials.
How to Access the Course Content
To access the course content, please follow the below registration steps:
- Open https://wbg.edcast.com/
- Navigate to “No account?” and select “Create one!”. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Enter the code that you received via email at the “Enter Code” field. Select “Sign in” to continue with the next step.
- Fill in your First and Last Names and select a preferred communication language. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five learning goals. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five skills. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Congratulations and welcome to OLC! Select "First Things First" to start your learning journey!