The event is a webinar to share experiences and lessons from the initiatives of Ministry of Education, Government of Ethiopia and development partners (UN agencies, civil society organizations) on School Related Gender Based Violence prevention. The Ministry of Education (MoE), Government of Ethiopia with support from the World Bank is implementing the General Education Quality Improvement Program for Equity (GEQIP-E). The operation seeks to improve internal efficiency, equitable access, and quality in general education. It incorporates gender targeted actions in its design, including actions aimed at GBV prevention. The Ethiopia Gender Platform’s (EGP) provides technical support to GEQIP-E for strengthening school gender clubs to enhance impact on SRGBV prevention. The webinar, organized by the EGP with support from the State and Peacebuilding Fund (SPF), will contribute to the ongoing efforts of the MoE, the World Bank and other development partners on SRGBV prevention, by providing a forum for knowledge sharing between GEQIP-E and other operations. Sharing learnings from operational experiences can pave the way for further investments in research to deepen understanding of impacts on SRGBV prevention and in designing well-informed programs and policies.
About Open Learning Campus
All registered users of OLC can experience its impact of new features. If you are already registered with OLC you can directly sign in to the new system. If you are a new user then do register to avail of the dynamic learning opportunities from WBG to deepen your knowledge and skills on a variety of development related topics. For example, you will have access to timely resources such as:
- Ted like video talks
- Formal learnings (i.e., Self-paced courses/Facilitated Courses/MOOCs)
- Live events and Knowledge Exchanges
- Communities of Practice
You will have access to an extensive catalog of resources through which you can search and discover relevant learning materials.
How to Access the Course Content
To access the course content, please follow the below registration steps:
- Open https://wbg.edcast.com/
- Navigate to “No account?” and select “Create one!”. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Enter the code that you received via email at the “Enter Code” field. Select “Sign in” to continue with the next step.
- Fill in your First and Last Names and select a preferred communication language. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five learning goals. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five skills. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Congratulations and welcome to the OLC! You’ll find additional tips and suggestions inside the “Welcome to the Open Learning Campus” channel at the top of the home page.