One of the greatest challenges facing health sector actors is reorienting the sector from a focus on organizations and systems that provide specific curative health care services to a focus on promoting health and well-being across the population. This reorientation is relevant across multiple SDG targets including reducing deaths and morbidity from road traffic injuries and environmental hazards, as well as curbing substance abuse and the harmful use of alcohol. This agenda is however particularly important for addressing the rise of non-communicable diseases (NCDs) that now accounts for about 68% of deaths in low and middle income-countries. Transforming health sectors requires stakeholders to move away from siloed approaches and an emphasis on disease management, and instead to adopt principles and practices of systems thinking, building leadership capacity and developing competencies to manage complex change across diverse constituencies (health and non-health) to prevent illness
About Open Learning Campus
All registered users of OLC can experience its impact of new features. If you are already registered with OLC you can directly sign in to the new system. If you are a new user then do register to avail of the dynamic learning opportunities from WBG to deepen your knowledge and skills on a variety of development related topics. For example, you will have access to timely resources such as:
- Ted like video talks
- Formal learnings (i.e., Self-paced courses/Facilitated Courses/MOOCs)
- Live events and Knowledge Exchanges
- Communities of Practice
You will have access to an extensive catalog of resources through which you can search and discover relevant learning materials.
How to Access the Course Content
To access the course content, please follow the below registration steps:
- Open https://wbg.edcast.com/
- Navigate to “No account?” and select “Create one!”. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Enter the code that you received via email at the “Enter Code” field. Select “Sign in” to continue with the next step.
- Fill in your First and Last Names and select a preferred communication language. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five learning goals. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five skills. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Congratulations and welcome to OLC! Select "First Things First" to start your learning journey!