In recent years, trials and commercial deployments of fifth generation (5G) cellular mobile technology are taking share around the world with even greater potential. While this deployment is being led by high-income countries, many developing countries are also implementing 5G trials, and there is widespread interest amount governments in understanding the implications of this technology. The 5G eLearning program has been designed and developed to address that interest based on the content in the World Bank 5G flagship report titled "The Path to 5G in the Developing World: Planning ahead for a Smooth Transition". Overall, this course will serve as a guide for the audience to better understand the oppurtunities, challenges, and risks posed by 5G, as well as steps that can be taken to establish an enabling ecosystem for 5G deployment adoption. There will be 6 modules over 5 weeks to cover various perspectives and cases of the path to 5G in the developing world and how to plan ahead for a smooth transition.
About Open Learning Campus
All registered users of OLC can experience its impact of new features. If you are already registered with OLC you can directly sign in to the new system. If you are a new user then do register to avail of the dynamic learning opportunities from WBG to deepen your knowledge and skills on a variety of development related topics. For example, you will have access to timely resources such as:
- Ted like video talks
- Formal learnings (i.e., Self-paced courses/Facilitated Courses/MOOCs)
- Live events and Knowledge Exchanges
- Communities of Practice
You will have access to an extensive catalog of resources through which you can search and discover relevant learning materials.
How to Access the Course Content
To access the course content, please follow the below registration steps:
- Open https://wbg.edcast.com/
- Navigate to “No account?” and select “Create one!”. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Enter the code that you received via email at the “Enter Code” field. Select “Sign in” to continue with the next step.
- Fill in your First and Last Names and select a preferred communication language. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five learning goals. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five skills. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Congratulations and welcome to the OLC! You’ll find additional tips and suggestions inside the “Welcome to the Open Learning Campus” channel at the top of the home page.