Background and audience • Evidence shows that the burden of poor quality of care amounts to 5-8 million deaths a year worldwide and results in 15-35% waste in healthcare spending (Lancet Commission on High Quality Health Systems) • Yet, despite efforts from governments, regional planners and healthcare providers around the world to improve quality of care, the quest for quality remains elusive at best • This three-day clinic targets decision-makers in low and middle-income countries to engage them in the design of context-specific strategies for quality improvement at the level of national and sub-national health systems Content and learning objectives • Participants will review state of the art evidence about shortfalls in quality of care globally, what interventions work to improve quality of care at macro and meso levels, key principles to design effective strategies to improve quality of care, how to use comparative data to inform quality strategies, and modern measurement systems
About Open Learning Campus
All registered users of OLC can experience its impact of new features. If you are already registered with OLC you can directly sign in to the new system. If you are a new user then do register to avail of the dynamic learning opportunities from WBG to deepen your knowledge and skills on a variety of development related topics. For example, you will have access to timely resources such as:
- Ted like video talks
- Formal learnings (i.e., Self-paced courses/Facilitated Courses/MOOCs)
- Live events and Knowledge Exchanges
- Communities of Practice
You will have access to an extensive catalog of resources through which you can search and discover relevant learning materials.
How to Access the Course Content
To access the course content, please follow the below registration steps:
- Open https://wbg.edcast.com/
- Navigate to “No account?” and select “Create one!”. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Enter the code that you received via email at the “Enter Code” field. Select “Sign in” to continue with the next step.
- Fill in your First and Last Names and select a preferred communication language. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five learning goals. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five skills. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Congratulations and welcome to OLC! Select "First Things First" to start your learning journey!